2 11-year-old boys suffer minor stab wounds
Emergency responders were called to a Knox Avenue residence at about 6:10 p.m. Wednesday after receiving a report of two 11-year-old males with stab wounds.
Westmoreland 911 dispatchers said the wounds were not serious. One boy was stabbed in the back and the other was stabbed on a leg, a dispatcher said.
The boys reported they were stabbed on Sixth Street by a teenager. They refused treatment.
City police said the incident was a result of horseplay and no charges would be filed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- United Way surplus funds benefit 9 nonprofits in Westmoreland County
- Penn Township man who shot friend gets probation
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- Arbitration decides Westmoreland court workers’ pact
- Home of LeNature’s exec up for sale
- Hempfield leaders kill zoning request for townhomes
- Plenty of ‘pain’ to share, as Westmoreland County budget OK’d with $8M in cuts
- Youngwood fire department reaches out to homeless family
- 11 Westmoreland inmates accused of setting fire put in solitary confinement
- Sewickley Twp. to pay $10K for service breach
- Unity name excised from Latrobe parks, recreation