Westmoreland contracts 10 attorneys for public defender's office
Commissioners approved contracts with 10 attorneys Thursday as part of a new system that will supplement the public defender's office.
The 12-month contracts will begin March 1. Each attorney will be compensated $20,000 plus reimbursement of authorized expenses for handling up to 38 cases.
The attorneys will act as conflict counsel for indigent defendants when a conflict of interest would prevent lawyers in the public defender's office from representing them.
The attorneys contracted Thursday are Tim Andrews, Tim Dawson, Valerie Veltri, Brian Aston, James Fox, James Robinson, Michael DeMatt, David Regoli, Amy Keim and Patricia Elliot.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Westmoreland drug task force plans fundraising efforts
- Budget work ahead for Southmoreland School District
- Women to stand trial in theft of drugs from Norwin Pharmacy
- Ligonier Valley YMCA marks start of 32,000-square-foot expansion
- Westmoreland officials fear loss of impact fees
- Fracking foes pack zoning discussion in Ligonier Township
- Technology, teaching style set district apart, Mt. Pleasant Area administrators say
- Lineup released for Greensburg concert series
- Southmoreland School District focused on growing population, boosting achievement among students
- WCCC plans 25% tuition increase for 2015-16
- Westmoreland judge offers Court in the Classroom