Accidents reported in Hempfield, Salem
Police were on the scene of an accident in Salem late Thursday night.
According to the Westmoreland County Department of Emergency Management, a passenger vehicle and tractor-trailer were involved in a collison on Route 22 near Salem Plaza. The accident occurred just after 9 p.m.
In a second accident, at least one person was transported to a local hospital Thursday following a two-vehicle accident near Hempfield Area High School.
An emergency management dispatcher said the accident occurred just after 8 p.m. near the intersection of Middletown and Bus Garage roads. A dispatcher said the accident involved a pickup truck and a passenger car.
Mutual Aid Ambulance Service transported at least one person from the scene, according to the dispatcher. Fort Allen Fire Department was also at the scene, the dispatcher said.
No additional information was available.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Builder finds calling as chaplain at Westmoreland jail
- Scholarship fund at St. Vincent to honor Kennametal exec
- WCCC revises purchasing policy
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Water service restored in Derry after leaks
- Mt. Pleasant-based author details area’s ‘Hidden History’
- Westmoreland, Fayette towns prepare to ring in holidays
- Woman admits to theft of 2 weapons in Latrobe shooting case
- Westmoreland, Fayette groups open doors to share Thanksgiving meals
- Woman to stand trial in Jeannette tot’s death
- Westmoreland County sheriff won’t alter staffing as cash runs out