Raid nets 2 dealing drugs from hotel room, police say
By Paul Peirce
Published: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 10:30 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, February 21, 2013
Acting on a tip that two men were dealing drugs out of a North Huntingdon hotel room near the Pennsylvania Turnpike interchange, state police arrested two Turtle Creek residents.
Jeffrey N. Baldwin Jr. and Jermaine D. Cobb Jr., both 19, were charged on Wednesday as a result of a raid of a room in the Holiday Inn Express off Route 30. About 20 bricks of heroin and a small amount of marijuana were seized. A brick of heroin is equivalent to 50 “stamp bags,” or doses, of powder heroin.
Baldwin and Cobb are in the Westmoreland County prison on $100,000 bail.
Police received a tip of suspicious activity in the room, and undercover troopers began surveillance and noticed that the occupants' “cellphones were ringing at various times, and immediately after the phones would ring, a person would arrive at the hotel and knock on (the door),” according to an affidavit of probable cause filed by Trooper David Loeffler.
Police reported none of the people would enter the room, and the transactions took place in the hallway.
Troopers said they smelled burning marijuana.
Police said they found money on a nightstand and clear plastic bags “with numerous bundles of heroin” on a nightstand and the floor. Cobb consented to a search of a duffel bag where more suspected drugs were located, police said.
Paul Peirce is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-850-2860 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pair denied contact once baby born
- Hempfield man gets 5 to 10 years in prison for firing at troopers in what lawyer called an ‘anomaly’
- Jamie’s Dream Team helps young mother see her children attend prom
- District renews food contract
- Murrysville drivers will enjoy green all the way on Route 22 as traffic engineers adjust signals
- Belle Vernon family suing VFD over crash
- Sentence in fatal DUI crash rings hollow for family of Jeannette woman
- Communities, theater feel loss of Greensburg prisoner work program
- Hempfield man gets life in prison for killing girlfriend during fight over spilled noodles
- Mt. Pleasant, Southmoreland hopefuls focus on academics, financial troubles
- Hempfield man to be jailed 5 days in stalking
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.