Somerset man ejected from truck, killed
Published: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Saturday, February 23, 2013
A Somerset man died after he was ejected from the sunroof of his pickup truck during a single-vehicle accident in Donegal Township early Friday morning.
Benjamin P. Henning, 23, died at the scene of the 1:29 a.m. accident along Route 31 near the Polaris dealership, state police at Greensburg said.
Henning was speeding when he lost control of his 2012 Ford F-150 pickup and struck a guide rail, police said. He crossed the road and struck a utility pole, cutting it in half, police said.
The truck then left the road and rolled several times down an embankment. Henning, who was not wearing a seat belt, was ejected through the sunroof and landed on the roadway, police said. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 2:58 a.m. of blunt-force trauma to the head, neck and chest, according to the Westmoreland County Coroner's Office.
- Police: Beating victim, son forged prescriptions
- New Alexandria woman charged with carrying 96 bags of heroin
- 27 witnesses to testify in heroin trafficking
- Pa. judges still have to turn in robes at 70
- Westmoreland County Prison nears its capacity
- Jeannette increases building inspections to crack down on absentee landlords
- Century-old Ruffsdale distillery warehouse to be sold piece by piece
- Donegal tavern shooting victim relieved alleged attacker off street
- Woman charged with trying to tote gun into Westmoreland courthouse
- Westmoreland municipal authority signs $100K deal with IUP for water quality inspections
- Delmont tackles smell, sewage debt problems from faulty pumps
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.