Somerset man ejected from truck, killed
A Somerset man died after he was ejected from the sunroof of his pickup truck during a single-vehicle accident in Donegal Township early Friday morning.
Benjamin P. Henning, 23, died at the scene of the 1:29 a.m. accident along Route 31 near the Polaris dealership, state police at Greensburg said.
Henning was speeding when he lost control of his 2012 Ford F-150 pickup and struck a guide rail, police said. He crossed the road and struck a utility pole, cutting it in half, police said.
The truck then left the road and rolled several times down an embankment. Henning, who was not wearing a seat belt, was ejected through the sunroof and landed on the roadway, police said. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 2:58 a.m. of blunt-force trauma to the head, neck and chest, according to the Westmoreland County Coroner's Office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Megan’s Law offender in Greensburg arrested when girl, 13, found hiding in shower
- Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board suspends in-store tastings
- Westmoreland celebrates Americans with Disabilities Act’s anniversary
- Fire damages Derry home, leaves family with ‘about nothing’
- North Huntingdon woman charged with threatening to burn down officer’s house
- Burger named for late Greensburg VFD member star of ‘bashes’
- Ex-Milwaukee archbishop told he can’t spend final days at St. Vincent Archabbey
- Man snatches purse behind mall
- Greensburg man held for trial in hospital assault
- Latrobe couple who locked son in car trunk avoids jail
- Fire damages Derry house