Somerset man ejected from truck, killed
A Somerset man died after he was ejected from the sunroof of his pickup truck during a single-vehicle accident in Donegal Township early Friday morning.
Benjamin P. Henning, 23, died at the scene of the 1:29 a.m. accident along Route 31 near the Polaris dealership, state police at Greensburg said.
Henning was speeding when he lost control of his 2012 Ford F-150 pickup and struck a guide rail, police said. He crossed the road and struck a utility pole, cutting it in half, police said.
The truck then left the road and rolled several times down an embankment. Henning, who was not wearing a seat belt, was ejected through the sunroof and landed on the roadway, police said. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 2:58 a.m. of blunt-force trauma to the head, neck and chest, according to the Westmoreland County Coroner's Office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Greensburg train station earns honor from Pittsburgh foundation
- Burglars strike 3 businesses in Hempfield plaza
- Latrobe top cop questions testing for police promotions
- Lawyers standing by to help needy in Westmoreland County
- 9 miles of roads to be paved in Hempfield
- Ligonier Township K-9 officer home to recover from deadly collision
- Unity resident again accused of burglary
- Tenant charged in fire that destroyed Latrobe apartment house
- Ex-Delmont man found dead in Florida
- Vandals ruin Ligonier Township farmers’ garden
- Southmoreland commencement scheduled for Friday evening