Somerset man ejected from truck, killed
A Somerset man died after he was ejected from the sunroof of his pickup truck during a single-vehicle accident in Donegal Township early Friday morning.
Benjamin P. Henning, 23, died at the scene of the 1:29 a.m. accident along Route 31 near the Polaris dealership, state police at Greensburg said.
Henning was speeding when he lost control of his 2012 Ford F-150 pickup and struck a guide rail, police said. He crossed the road and struck a utility pole, cutting it in half, police said.
The truck then left the road and rolled several times down an embankment. Henning, who was not wearing a seat belt, was ejected through the sunroof and landed on the roadway, police said. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 2:58 a.m. of blunt-force trauma to the head, neck and chest, according to the Westmoreland County Coroner's Office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fall fly-by: Blue Angels stop in Unity to discuss 2015 show
- Grease in Youngwood sewer system prompts another look at rule
- Woman sought in robbery in Unity
- Westmoreland County, state AG to get funds from illegal lottery
- Jeannette man pleads guilty to attempting to entice child in Louisiana
- Man charged in New Stanton Sunoco robbery
- Man taken to hospital from scene of Hempfield house fire
- Westmoreland jail guard accused of selling illegal steroids
- Clelian Heights parents rally to keep program put in jeopardy by new federal rule
- Allegheny Township man to serve at least 24 years for molesting 3 children
- Mt. Pleasant Armory to deliver Thanksgiving dinner