Somerset man ejected from truck, killed
A Somerset man died after he was ejected from the sunroof of his pickup truck during a single-vehicle accident in Donegal Township early Friday morning.
Benjamin P. Henning, 23, died at the scene of the 1:29 a.m. accident along Route 31 near the Polaris dealership, state police at Greensburg said.
Henning was speeding when he lost control of his 2012 Ford F-150 pickup and struck a guide rail, police said. He crossed the road and struck a utility pole, cutting it in half, police said.
The truck then left the road and rolled several times down an embankment. Henning, who was not wearing a seat belt, was ejected through the sunroof and landed on the roadway, police said. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 2:58 a.m. of blunt-force trauma to the head, neck and chest, according to the Westmoreland County Coroner's Office.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Westmoreland County on pace to surpass record for drug-related fatalities
- Pair charged with prostitution-related offenses in South Greensburg
- Norvelt residents try to preserve community history’s link to Roosevelts
- Accident closes Route 22 in Murrysville
- Opening arguments set in Rostraver home invasion case
- Trial in Monessen homicide of drug dealer nears start
- Harrison City woman arrested for fighting police
- Jeannette council to consider change in rental ordinance
- Scottdale man arrested at end of motorcycle chase
- Greensburg woman has a lifetime of hosting foreign exchange students
- Westmoreland judicial candidates spent more than $1.2 million for primary election