Latrobe woman dies of injuries after Feb. 3 accident
Published: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Thursday, February 28, 2013
A woman involved in a one-vehicle accident on Feb. 3 died from her injuries a week later, state police said Tuesday.
Sonya Turngren, 32, of Latrobe lost control of her Chevrolet Cavalier on a curve along Bethel Church Road at 3:46 p.m. Feb. 3. Police said snow was falling at the time and roads were lightly dusted with snow.
The vehicle's front driver's side struck a tree and Turngren was taken to a hospital. She died on Feb. 10, police said.
Formerly of Tacoma, Wash., she is survived by two daughters, according to her obituary.
- Democrats in close race for Greensburg Council nominations
- Challenger defeats incumbent in Export mayoral primary
- Former Jeannette hospital attracts Calif. buyer
- Mayor’s defeat may spell end of ‘Monessen Rising’
- Suspect surrenders in Penn Township foundry evacuation
- Jacobelli bests Carter to win Jeannette mayoral nod
- Mt. Pleasant district renews food contract
- County schools among nation’s best
- Westmoreland County transit union unhappy in talks
- Mt. Pleasant health fair to feature information for seniors
- Tour leads visitors through Mt. Pleasant glass manufacturing facility
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.