Latrobe woman dies of injuries after Feb. 3 accident
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Thursday, Feb. 28, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
A woman involved in a one-vehicle accident on Feb. 3 died from her injuries a week later, state police said Tuesday.
Sonya Turngren, 32, of Latrobe lost control of her Chevrolet Cavalier on a curve along Bethel Church Road at 3:46 p.m. Feb. 3. Police said snow was falling at the time and roads were lightly dusted with snow.
The vehicle's front driver's side struck a tree and Turngren was taken to a hospital. She died on Feb. 10, police said.
Formerly of Tacoma, Wash., she is survived by two daughters, according to her obituary.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Attorney wants lesser term for woman in Greensburg torture death
- Pastors offer help in days following Franklin Regional stabbings
- Murrysville woman shares her many tales as a professional storyteller
- North Versailles, Murrysville families still waiting for report on 2011 chopper crash that killed couple
- Police say Latrobe woman bought gun for boyfriend, who shot neighbor
- Judge explains why suspect in East Liberty killings was freed
- Murrysville woman sues Giant Eagle over burns
- Hempfield church offers rides to shut-ins for Holy Thursday service
- Retired postal worker picks $1M winner
- ‘We Are FR’ fund going strong
- City approves deal to supply Greater Latrobe with school resource officer