Latrobe woman dies of injuries after Feb. 3 accident
A woman involved in a one-vehicle accident on Feb. 3 died from her injuries a week later, state police said Tuesday.
Sonya Turngren, 32, of Latrobe lost control of her Chevrolet Cavalier on a curve along Bethel Church Road at 3:46 p.m. Feb. 3. Police said snow was falling at the time and roads were lightly dusted with snow.
The vehicle's front driver's side struck a tree and Turngren was taken to a hospital. She died on Feb. 10, police said.
Formerly of Tacoma, Wash., she is survived by two daughters, according to her obituary.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- DNA evidence in alleged June 2013 rape leads to Latrobe man’s arrest
- Mt. Pleasant residents voice support for Zilli as borough police chief
- Westmoreland prison online visit program delayed again
- Hempfield killer Stahl ordered to pay for slain wife’s funeral
- East Huntingdon man, 91, finds 2nd career as a woodworker
- Westmoreland group gets pet oxygen masks for area fire departments
- Forbes: Dinner to benefit ‘Shop with a Cop’ program
- Convenience store in Donegal Township scammed of $250
- Greensburg merchants offer soup for a charitable Claus
- Jeannette rape charge nixed under plea bargain