Man wanted in Fla. tries to get concealed-carry permit in Greensburg
A Greensburg man walked into the Westmoreland County Sheriff's Department for a concealed weapon permit on Wednesday and left with an escort of deputies.
Department employees discovered Ishmael Agosto-Justicia III, 32, of 421Q Allegheny St., a former resident of St. Cloud, Fla., was a wanted man, Sheriff Jon Held said on Thursday.
The Pennsylvania Instant Check System denied Agosto-Justicia the permit, “so we ran him through (the National Crime Information Center), and we found he was wanted,” Held said.
Deputies called the Orange County Sheriff's Department in Florida and confirmed that Agosto-Justicia was wanted on a grand theft charge, according to court records.
He was arraigned before Greensburg District Judge James Albert on Wednesday as a fugitive from justice and jailed in lieu of $100,000 bond.
Authorities charged Agosto-Justicia with taking the tires and rims off a 2012 Ford Mustang rented from a Hertz dealership and then putting other wheels and rims on the vehicle before returning it, according to court papers.
A manager at the rental company put the value of the tires and rims at $2,500.
A relative of the suspect rented the vehicle in August 2011. Family members told police that Agosto-Justicia put the rims and tires on his girlfriend's vehicle “to impress her,” authorities said.
Agosto-Justicia apparently didn't know he was wanted on a warrant, Held said.
Orange County officials indicated they intend to seek Agosto-Justicia's return to Florida, according to court papers.
Bob Stiles is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-836-6622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- Penn Township man who shot friend gets probation
- United Way surplus funds benefit 9 nonprofits in Westmoreland County
- Arbitration decides Westmoreland court workers’ pact
- Plenty of ‘pain’ to share, as Westmoreland County budget OK’d with $8M in cuts
- 11 Westmoreland inmates accused of setting fire put in solitary confinement
- Youngwood fire department reaches out to homeless family
- Hempfield leaders kill zoning request for townhomes
- Western Pa. retirees skip relaxing, instead head back to school
- Home of LeNature’s exec up for sale
- Ligonier man first in Pa. to own aluminum-body F-150