Man sues Derry Borough outdoors club over alleged beating
Published: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Saturday, March 2, 2013
A Derry Township man claims employees at a private club failed to eject a group of people who threatened him and later beat him up, according to a lawsuit filed Thursday.
John P. Watters said he visited F&J Bow & Gun Club in Derry Borough on Aug. 18 to eat and drink. Watters claims he was assaulted by a “number” of people at the club, some of whom were not club members.
Watters sustained fractures of various facial bones, injuries to facial nerves, a concussion and facial scarring, according to the suit.
No one answered a phone call to the F&J Club seeking comment. The second defendant, Jason Himler of Derry Borough, could not be reached for comment.
Watters claimed that club employees permitted nonmembers to enter the club and threaten him. The club failed to summon police, provide security or eject nonmembers, he alleges.
As a result of the alleged attack, Watters has incurred medical bills and his earning capacity “may be permanently impaired,” according to the suit.
The club allegedly served the nonmembers “to the extent that they became visibly intoxicated,” violating state law, Watters claimed.
He is seeking an unspecified amount in punitive damages.
- Plan for Greensburg loft apartments receives approval
- Pagan’s lawyer seeks info
- Franklin Regional library aide quits in wake of theft charges
- Former president of Derry football boosters charged with stealing $27,000
- Latrobe officials OK $60K project aimed at allowing creek to flow freely
- Franklin Regional ends decade of tax increases
- Crews working on roads in Mt. Pleasant Township
- Franklin Regional board to weigh reporters’ objections to meeting
- Mt. Pleasant district has superintendent candidate
- Greater Latrobe board to consider tax hike
- Jeannette increases building inspections to crack down on absentee landlords
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.