Police investigate blackmail through Skype in Hempfield
State police are investigating an apparent extortion attempt that occurred over video-calling service Skype.
Trooper Steve Limani said an 18-year-old township female exposed herself to a man, who videotaped the encounter without her knowledge sometime between Sept. 1 and March 5. The man later showed the teen the video and requested $100.
Troopers are in the process of obtaining search warrants in hopes of identifying a suspect, Limani said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- St. Vincent professor, students use interviews for drug addiction data
- Mt Pleasant police officer assaulted while making arrest
- Hempfield Area balances budget with 1.79-mill tax increase
- Franklin Regional stabbing victims expected to take the stand
- Route 119 ramp to Route 819 to be closed in July
- Exotic pet show held monthly in New Stanton
- Hempfield dentist-turned-missionary-turned-author offers advice for youths
- Penn Hills woman found passed out in car in Trafford charged
- Dying Greensburg dad hopes for ‘one more day’ with daughters
- Trib newspaper carrier saves Penn Township home, resident from flames
- Donors fund daughters’ trip to see cancer-stricken Greensburg father