Police investigate blackmail through Skype in Hempfield
Published: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Thursday, March 14, 2013
State police are investigating an apparent extortion attempt that occurred over video-calling service Skype.
Trooper Steve Limani said an 18-year-old township female exposed herself to a man, who videotaped the encounter without her knowledge sometime between Sept. 1 and March 5. The man later showed the teen the video and requested $100.
Troopers are in the process of obtaining search warrants in hopes of identifying a suspect, Limani said.
- Bilik DeFazio leads race for Westmoreland County judge on both ballots
- Mt. Pleasant mayor victorious
- Democratic newcomer, incumbents to vie for seats on Latrobe Council
- Democrats in close race for Greensburg Council nominations
- Challenger posts stunning upset in Monessen mayoral race
- Woman accused in Monessen man’s death to remain in jail for now
- Incumbents fare well in Latrobe School board balloting
- South Huntingdon woman accused of stealing from employer
- Hempfield man to be jailed 5 days in stalking
- GOP leader gets nod for Westmoreland prothonotary
- Revolutionary War hero to be given new marker at Middle Presbyterian
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.