Police investigate blackmail through Skype in Hempfield
State police are investigating an apparent extortion attempt that occurred over video-calling service Skype.
Trooper Steve Limani said an 18-year-old township female exposed herself to a man, who videotaped the encounter without her knowledge sometime between Sept. 1 and March 5. The man later showed the teen the video and requested $100.
Troopers are in the process of obtaining search warrants in hopes of identifying a suspect, Limani said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Honored Westmoreland youth counselor sought in theft of money from clients
- Daughter’s generosity lives on in Ruffsdale family
- Kopas, citing poor state inspection, pushes to end deal for Westmoreland Manor operator
- Detaining juveniles charged as adults costs Westmoreland reimbursement money
- Greensburg YMCA pool upgrade in works
- Ligonier water shutoff delayed slightly
- Derry Township man killed when ATV flips
- Record-holding female motorcyclist to speak at Lincoln Highway event
- Prison becomes detox center for growing number of inmates with addictions
- North Carolina man sent nude photo to 8-year-old girl in Grapeville, police say
- Westmoreland County Animal Response Team seeks money for new space