Police investigate blackmail through Skype in Hempfield
State police are investigating an apparent extortion attempt that occurred over video-calling service Skype.
Trooper Steve Limani said an 18-year-old township female exposed herself to a man, who videotaped the encounter without her knowledge sometime between Sept. 1 and March 5. The man later showed the teen the video and requested $100.
Troopers are in the process of obtaining search warrants in hopes of identifying a suspect, Limani said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Food drive volunteer in Westmoreland County has purse stolen
- Families welcome new members on Adoption Day in Westmoreland County
- Police on hunt for suspects in unrelated Penn Township, Manor cases
- Walker: Applebees to help Jacobs Creek Area Faith in Action
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Fall fly-by: Blue Angels stop in Unity to discuss 2015 show
- Westmoreland County, state AG to get funds from illegal lottery
- Mt. Pleasant Armory to deliver Thanksgiving dinner
- Clelian Heights parents rally to keep program put in jeopardy by new federal rule
- Jeannette man pleads guilty to attempting to entice child in Louisiana
- Westmoreland, Fayette groups open doors to share Thanksgiving meals