Tilted tractor-trailer forces closure of Route 119 off-ramp
A flatbed tractor-trailer carrying bags of mulch overturned on an off-ramp from Route 119 near New Stanton Thursday afternoon, forcing the closure of the ramp for several hours.
The incident occurred around 2:15 p.m. on the off-ramp from Route 119 North to the Pennsylvania Turnpike and Interstate 70 West, said Bryan Brady, third assistant chief of New Stanton Volunteer Fire Department.
Brady said it appears the driver was going too fast and his load shifted, causing the truck to turn onto its side.
The driver was treated at the scene for minor cuts and bruises on his hand. No other vehicles were involved, Brady said.
The truck was hauling bags of mulch on pallets. Employees of Proscape, a landscaping business in New Stanton, were called to the scene to clear the bags from the road, Brady said.
Traffic was diverted around the ramp during the cleanup, which lasted about three hours.
Brady said this was the second time in about a year that a truck carrying mulch overturned in that location.
The last incident involved a truck carrying bulk mulch.
“You can see the old mulch from last year still in the berm area,” Brady said.
Jennifer Reeger is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-836-6155 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Burglary, attempted assault at Rostraver bowling lanes investigated
- State police trooper seriously hurt when hit by vehicle in East Huntingdon
- Razing of Monsour Medical Center in Jeannette within reach with $1M grant
- Herminie woman, 18, dies after car accident in Turkeytown
- Westmoreland County to auction guns, vehicles
- Greensburg torture killer seeks reduction in sentence
- 3 illusions at Westmoreland Museum of American Art await Greensburg
- Fire marshal rules Derry mobile home fire was accidental
- Fund set up for 4-year-old Meyersdale girl’s final expenses
- Laurel Art Club to meet at Scottdale library
- Artist’s plans to ‘bridge the gap’ in Greensburg to be shown this week