Southwest Greensburg woman alleges dog bite
A Southwest Greensburg woman began a series of shots for rabies after she said a dog bit her Monday on Urania Avenue in Greensburg, city police said.
Joyce Hobaugh, 45, of 503 Chestnut St., took the first in a series of five total injections after police said they were unable to find the dog.
She said the large, black dog was possibly a German shepherd.
The dog knocked her to the ground shortly before 2 p.m., then bit her in the jaw area, Hobaugh said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- DNA evidence in alleged June 2013 rape leads to Latrobe man’s arrest
- Hempfield killer Stahl ordered to pay for slain wife’s funeral
- Mt. Pleasant residents voice support for Zilli as borough police chief
- Westmoreland prison online visit program delayed again
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- East Huntingdon man, 91, finds 2nd career as a woodworker
- Westmoreland group gets pet oxygen masks for area fire departments
- Greensburg merchants offer soup for a charitable Claus
- Derry man jailed in scuffle with police
- Seat in 32nd District deemed crucial for Pennsylvania Senate control