Southwest Greensburg woman alleges dog bite
A Southwest Greensburg woman began a series of shots for rabies after she said a dog bit her Monday on Urania Avenue in Greensburg, city police said.
Joyce Hobaugh, 45, of 503 Chestnut St., took the first in a series of five total injections after police said they were unable to find the dog.
She said the large, black dog was possibly a German shepherd.
The dog knocked her to the ground shortly before 2 p.m., then bit her in the jaw area, Hobaugh said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hempfield Area High School senior Richason creates Before I Die wall in Greensburg
- Allegheny man Wedel charged with baseball bat, knife attack on former roommate
- Youngwood Fire Department to dedicate memorial at station
- Bushy Run Battlefield upgrades to include trail, signs, landscaping
- Historic Greensburg Art Center joins Cat’s Meow collection
- Greensburg police captain to attend highly selective academy
- Food drive volunteer in Westmoreland County has purse stolen
- Walker: Applebees to help Jacobs Creek Area Faith in Action
- Families welcome new members on Adoption Day in Westmoreland County
- Jeannette man pleads guilty to attempting to entice child in Louisiana
- Hempfield severance agreement revealed