Southwest Greensburg woman alleges dog bite
A Southwest Greensburg woman began a series of shots for rabies after she said a dog bit her Monday on Urania Avenue in Greensburg, city police said.
Joyce Hobaugh, 45, of 503 Chestnut St., took the first in a series of five total injections after police said they were unable to find the dog.
She said the large, black dog was possibly a German shepherd.
The dog knocked her to the ground shortly before 2 p.m., then bit her in the jaw area, Hobaugh said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- State woos Kennametal with $1M in incentives to stay in Pa.
- Jeannette mom accused of drug sale with kids in car
- Arnold man acquitted in rape case
- Greensburg Salem school bus route changes complete
- Kennametal HQ relocation rankles Westmoreland County business leadership
- Laurel Ridge rangers on watch for sexual misconduct in park
- Ohio woman will be millionth passenger to fly out of Arnold Palmer airport
- Hempfield woman bounces back from serious car crash
- Democrats go on offense in Westmoreland County commission debate
- Westmoreland County candidate admits to summary offenses
- Greensburg council expected to approve fire truck purchase