Southwest Greensburg woman alleges dog bite
A Southwest Greensburg woman began a series of shots for rabies after she said a dog bit her Monday on Urania Avenue in Greensburg, city police said.
Joyce Hobaugh, 45, of 503 Chestnut St., took the first in a series of five total injections after police said they were unable to find the dog.
She said the large, black dog was possibly a German shepherd.
The dog knocked her to the ground shortly before 2 p.m., then bit her in the jaw area, Hobaugh said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Jewish congregations dwindling, forced to mull viability of worship sites
- Facelift approved for historic La Rose building in Greensburg
- Hempfield woman donates music inspired by WWI ‘doughnut girls’
- Hempfield woman seriously injured in crash
- Hempfield bicyclist gets one last chance from Westmoreland County judge
- Purple Heart recipient Krinock to lead July Fourth parade in Latrobe
- Former Jeannette coach held for trial on charges of assault on teen girls
- State Supreme Court rejects latest Foxley Farm appeal in Ligonier Township dispute
- Independence Day events for Westmoreland County
- Smithton man gets 6-12 years for robbery in Jeannette
- Group takes veterans, seniors in WWII-era planes at Unity airport