Southwest Greensburg woman alleges dog bite
A Southwest Greensburg woman began a series of shots for rabies after she said a dog bit her Monday on Urania Avenue in Greensburg, city police said.
Joyce Hobaugh, 45, of 503 Chestnut St., took the first in a series of five total injections after police said they were unable to find the dog.
She said the large, black dog was possibly a German shepherd.
The dog knocked her to the ground shortly before 2 p.m., then bit her in the jaw area, Hobaugh said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Two Westmoreland men charged with drug possession
- 2 arrested after Jeannette raid turns up heroin, crack, gun
- Inmate charged with smuggling drugs into Westmoreland prison
- Police: Woman faked Mt. Pleasant robbery
- Ruffsdale family loses daughter, 9, to cancer but gives back in her name
- Latrobe parks and recreation director to retire
- Ligonier man accused of beating, strangling woman
- Hempfield officials to review site plan for Excela Health Orthoplex
- Greensburg torture slaying participant Marinucci makes second appeal of sentence as unconstitutional
- Tenaska agrees to provide pollution information on proposed South Huntingdon plant
- Training sessions to administer heroin overdose antidote to begin in Derry