Jeannette man faces threat, firearm charges
A Jeannette man is accused of pointing a gun at a man outside a city bar five times and firing the weapon in the air.
Chance Tee White, 24, of 918 Evans St., Apt. 207, told police he had to “physically remove” the alleged victim, Dustin M. Milliron, 23, of Jeannette, from Thunder Rolls bar on Clay Avenue because Milliron was intoxicated.
“Mr. White stated that he only shot his gun in the air to scare Mr. Milliron off” at 3:18 a.m. Feb. 17, wrote city Patrolman Bryan A. DeFelice in an affidavit of probable cause.
Police said they reviewed surveillance footage from outside the bar showing that Milliron attempted to enter the bar multiple times after being told to leave.
The video showed White drawing his 9 mm weapon, police said.
“Mr. White was also observed firing his handgun into the air then pointing his firearm at or in the direction of Mr. Milliron,” DeFelice wrote.
White allegedly then handed the gun to a male bystander and pursued Milliron. Police said the footage would be sent to Westmoreland County District Attorney John Peck for further review.
White is charged with aggravated assault, discharge of a firearm into an occupied structure, terroristic threats, simple assault and reckless endangerment before District Judge Joseph DeMarchis. A warrant has been issued for White's arrest.
Milliron is charged with disorderly conduct and public drunkenness in connection with the incident. A summons has been issued and a preliminary hearing is scheduled for April 18.
Renatta Signorini is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-837-5374 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hookah bar on tap for Greensburg
- Greensburg pawn shop aids in arrest of home repair scam suspect
- 3 identified in Route 66 crash near Delmont
- Ex-Milwaukee archbishop told he can’t spend final days at St. Vincent Archabbey
- Walker: Latrobe gets ready to welcome Steelers back to camp
- PennDOT to stabilize rock slide along Penn Adamsburg Road in Hempfield
- Greensburg man charged with assaulting hospital guard
- South Greensburg woman charged in home repairs case
- Entrapment, injury reported in Derry Township accident
- State grant to aid Excela plans for orthopedic center in Hempfield
- Penn Township sues to get blighted property cleaned