Jeannette man faces threat, firearm charges
A Jeannette man is accused of pointing a gun at a man outside a city bar five times and firing the weapon in the air.
Chance Tee White, 24, of 918 Evans St., Apt. 207, told police he had to “physically remove” the alleged victim, Dustin M. Milliron, 23, of Jeannette, from Thunder Rolls bar on Clay Avenue because Milliron was intoxicated.
“Mr. White stated that he only shot his gun in the air to scare Mr. Milliron off” at 3:18 a.m. Feb. 17, wrote city Patrolman Bryan A. DeFelice in an affidavit of probable cause.
Police said they reviewed surveillance footage from outside the bar showing that Milliron attempted to enter the bar multiple times after being told to leave.
The video showed White drawing his 9 mm weapon, police said.
“Mr. White was also observed firing his handgun into the air then pointing his firearm at or in the direction of Mr. Milliron,” DeFelice wrote.
White allegedly then handed the gun to a male bystander and pursued Milliron. Police said the footage would be sent to Westmoreland County District Attorney John Peck for further review.
White is charged with aggravated assault, discharge of a firearm into an occupied structure, terroristic threats, simple assault and reckless endangerment before District Judge Joseph DeMarchis. A warrant has been issued for White's arrest.
Milliron is charged with disorderly conduct and public drunkenness in connection with the incident. A summons has been issued and a preliminary hearing is scheduled for April 18.
Renatta Signorini is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-837-5374 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- WCCC fraternity helps fallen Ligonier officer’s family
- Westmoreland County Common Pleas candidates differ on judicial retirement age
- Laurel Ridge rangers on watch for sexual misconduct in park
- Greensburg council OKs purchase of firetruck
- Police, the Diamond top Ligonier Borough issues
- Jeannette mom accused of drug sale with kids in car
- West Newton officials, code officer clear the air
- Franklin Regional stab suspect goes to adult jail