Checkpoint nets one narcotics, two DUI arrests in Westmoreland
State police from the Kiski Valley barracks arrested two people for driving under the influence while operating a sobriety checkpoint Saturday evening and Sunday morning.
They ran the checkpoint at the intersection of State Route 22 and Hollywood Boulevard in Salem and at various other locations in northern Westmoreland County, Cpl. Christopher Terrana said in a press release.
The state police also conducted roving DUI patrols. In addition to the two DUI arrests, officers arrested one person for drugs, issued 22 traffic citations and 15 warnings, Terrana said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Arnold man sentenced for armed robbery
- Murrysville man draws on experiences in starting SAT prep academy
- Geyer helps revive Scottdale theater that bears family name
- Megan’s Law offender in Greensburg arrested when girl, 13, found hiding in shower
- Mt. Pleasant Relay for Life participants unfazed by rain
- Burger named for late Greensburg VFD member star of ‘bashes’
- Mt. Pleasant customers to see sewage bills increase
- Man snatches purse behind Westmoreland Mall
- State grant to aid Excela plans for orthopedic center in Hempfield
- Hookah bar on tap for Greensburg
- Westmoreland County commissioners honor work crew that saved family