Checkpoint nets one narcotics, two DUI arrests in Westmoreland
State police from the Kiski Valley barracks arrested two people for driving under the influence while operating a sobriety checkpoint Saturday evening and Sunday morning.
They ran the checkpoint at the intersection of State Route 22 and Hollywood Boulevard in Salem and at various other locations in northern Westmoreland County, Cpl. Christopher Terrana said in a press release.
The state police also conducted roving DUI patrols. In addition to the two DUI arrests, officers arrested one person for drugs, issued 22 traffic citations and 15 warnings, Terrana said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Accident closes Route 22 in Murrysville
- Pair charged with prostitution-related offenses in South Greensburg
- Norvelt residents try to preserve community history’s link to Roosevelts
- Twin Lakes to host grand opening for expansion area that includes dek hockey rink
- Trial in Monessen homicide of drug dealer nears start
- Harrison City woman arrested for fighting police
- Scottdale man arrested at end of motorcycle chase
- Jeannette council to consider change in rental ordinance
- Opening arguments set in Rostraver home invasion case
- Westmoreland County on pace to surpass record for drug-related fatalities
- More than 120,000 attend Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival