Checkpoint nets one narcotics, two DUI arrests in Westmoreland
State police from the Kiski Valley barracks arrested two people for driving under the influence while operating a sobriety checkpoint Saturday evening and Sunday morning.
They ran the checkpoint at the intersection of State Route 22 and Hollywood Boulevard in Salem and at various other locations in northern Westmoreland County, Cpl. Christopher Terrana said in a press release.
The state police also conducted roving DUI patrols. In addition to the two DUI arrests, officers arrested one person for drugs, issued 22 traffic citations and 15 warnings, Terrana said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police: Florida man arrested for hitting, dragging Dunbar Township man with truck
- Members of North Huntingdon family attacked by rabid otter in Va.
- K-9 officer Blek chosen as grand marshal of Fort Ligonier Days parade
- Bridge project forces closing of Route 30
- Hempfield Area considers renovations at high school
- Former guard at Westmoreland jail focus of sex assault probe, DA confirms
- Heroin, marijuana found in car in Greensburg, driver arrested
- Junction project on 1-70 at Westmoreland exchange to begin
- Youngwood to purchase swing, table to satisfy state regulations
- Blairsville man killed in single-vehicle crash in Derry Township
- Zimbabwe alleges Murrysville doctor illegally killed lion