Checkpoint nets one narcotics, two DUI arrests in Westmoreland
State police from the Kiski Valley barracks arrested two people for driving under the influence while operating a sobriety checkpoint Saturday evening and Sunday morning.
They ran the checkpoint at the intersection of State Route 22 and Hollywood Boulevard in Salem and at various other locations in northern Westmoreland County, Cpl. Christopher Terrana said in a press release.
The state police also conducted roving DUI patrols. In addition to the two DUI arrests, officers arrested one person for drugs, issued 22 traffic citations and 15 warnings, Terrana said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Franklin Regional stabbing suspect Hribal to head to adult prison after Oct. 1
- Confederate memorabilia gets favorable attention at Westmoreland Fair
- PennDOT outlines Route 119 plan
- Westmoreland Fair queen eyes veterinary career
- Megan’s List offender charged with assault on 10-year-old Latrobe girl
- Scottdale man charged in robbery at car wash
- Mt. Pleasant Area board votes to establish $3.5M line of credit
- Ligonier men claim arrests violated rights
- Painter sues Westmoreland County commissioner over payment
- Derry Area teachers near contract
- Ex-Ligonier Valley Midget Football treasurer Brewer accused of stealing $12K