Lower Burrell sexual predator gets lengthy prison term for sexually assaulting young girls
By Rich Cholodofsky
Published: Friday, April 5, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
A former Lower Burrell man was ordered to serve up to 40 years in prison for playing sex games with two young girls.
Todd Eggleton, 29, on Thursday was found to be a sexually violent predator and sentenced by Westmoreland County Judge John Blahovec to serve at least 17 years behind bars.
Eggleton pleaded guilty in June to a dozen charges in connection with sexual assaults on the two girls, ages 9 and 7, in 2011.
“This is perhaps one of the more disturbing sexual assaults that our office has had to deal with,” Assistant District Attorney Leo Ciaramitaro.
In court on Thursday, the mother of one of the victims told Blahovec that Eggleton's actions have irrevocably changed her family.
“My daughter's not going to be the same. He ruined her. Nothing is the same, and nothing will ever be the same because of what he did,” she testified.
The sentence imposed by Blahovec, which includes seven years of probation once Eggleton is released from prison, was negotiated as part of a plea bargain.
Rich Cholodofsky is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-830-6293 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Woman allegedly supplied alcohol at party
- Armed robbers hit BP service station
- Holiday parade to be held Saturday in Mt. Pleasant
- Would-be burglar talked to Derry bushes, state police say
- Habitat for Humanity tools stolen
- Verona man sentenced in manhole cover thefts
- Speeding, drinking cited in fatal Murrysville crash
- Yarn devotees to take South Greensburg by storm
- Unity budget for 2014 carries deficit, no customer rate hike
- School evacuated after bomb threat
- High-grade marijuana lands man in trouble