Lower Burrell sexual predator gets lengthy prison term for sexually assaulting young girls
A former Lower Burrell man was ordered to serve up to 40 years in prison for playing sex games with two young girls.
Todd Eggleton, 29, on Thursday was found to be a sexually violent predator and sentenced by Westmoreland County Judge John Blahovec to serve at least 17 years behind bars.
Eggleton pleaded guilty in June to a dozen charges in connection with sexual assaults on the two girls, ages 9 and 7, in 2011.
“This is perhaps one of the more disturbing sexual assaults that our office has had to deal with,” Assistant District Attorney Leo Ciaramitaro.
In court on Thursday, the mother of one of the victims told Blahovec that Eggleton's actions have irrevocably changed her family.
“My daughter's not going to be the same. He ruined her. Nothing is the same, and nothing will ever be the same because of what he did,” she testified.
The sentence imposed by Blahovec, which includes seven years of probation once Eggleton is released from prison, was negotiated as part of a plea bargain.
Rich Cholodofsky is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-830-6293 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Youthful actors bring Disney classic ‘Tarzan’ to life at Geyer in Scottdale
- Jewish congregations dwindling, forced to mull viability of worship sites
- Hempfield woman donates music inspired by WWI ‘doughnut girls’
- Hempfield bicyclist gets one last chance from Westmoreland County judge
- Facelift approved for historic La Rose building in Greensburg
- Independence Day events for Westmoreland County
- State Supreme Court rejects latest Foxley Farm appeal in Ligonier Township dispute
- Hempfield woman seriously injured in crash
- Former Jeannette coach held for trial on charges of assault on teen girls
- Westmoreland museum brought to life in miniature
- 3 injured in crash that ties up Route 22 in Salem for nearly 8 hours