Lower Burrell sexual predator gets lengthy prison term for sexually assaulting young girls
A former Lower Burrell man was ordered to serve up to 40 years in prison for playing sex games with two young girls.
Todd Eggleton, 29, on Thursday was found to be a sexually violent predator and sentenced by Westmoreland County Judge John Blahovec to serve at least 17 years behind bars.
Eggleton pleaded guilty in June to a dozen charges in connection with sexual assaults on the two girls, ages 9 and 7, in 2011.
“This is perhaps one of the more disturbing sexual assaults that our office has had to deal with,” Assistant District Attorney Leo Ciaramitaro.
In court on Thursday, the mother of one of the victims told Blahovec that Eggleton's actions have irrevocably changed her family.
“My daughter's not going to be the same. He ruined her. Nothing is the same, and nothing will ever be the same because of what he did,” she testified.
The sentence imposed by Blahovec, which includes seven years of probation once Eggleton is released from prison, was negotiated as part of a plea bargain.
Rich Cholodofsky is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-830-6293 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Machine operator avoids serious injuries in accident in North Huntingdon
- Lab results questioned in fatal Mt. Pleasant car accident
- Harhai campaign emails from 2007 under review, Westmoreland County DA says
- Police investigate Hempfield fight
- Energy company responsible for polluting Donegal well appeals state’s finding
- Psychologist to evaluate Greensburg woman involved in Daugherty killing
- Expansion in works for Mt. Pleasant Glass Museum
- Jeannette school board adds network assistant
- Woman charged with assault spree in Jeannette
- 2 suspects charged with second robbery in Hempfield