Greensburg Hose Co. No. 8 recognizes members for service
Three members of Greensburg Volunteer Fire Department's Hose Company No. 8 have been honored for each giving 40 years of service to the department, community and firefighting.
Dick Johnson, Rick Hoyle and Robert “Tony” Manley were feted during a reception held in Rizzo's Reception Hall in Crabtree.
President Jon Hillwig and company secretary Jeff Peterinelli presented the awards to the three volunteers.
Other firefighters honored were:
• Eric Manley and Bob Thomas, 35 years;
• Lou Battistella, 20 years;
• Dale Hutchinson, 10 years.
Capt. Jeff Henry presented the Firefighter of the Year Award to 43-year veteran Clyde Snyder for his efforts to restore the department's 1949 Seagrave engine to full operational condition.
The engine played an integral part during the Jan. 28, 1963, fire at St. Vincent College and helped save the basilica. The engine was on display during the 50th commemorative event held in January at the college.
New members who joined during the past year were recognized: Elysia Battistella, Mike Hartung and Erin Shrader.
President Betsy Hellman of the ladies auxiliary presented a check to the hose company for restoration of the bell tower at the historical station at 900 Highland Ave. in the Paradise section of the city.
Chief J. Edward Hutchinson, in his 60th year in charge of the fire department, attended the banquet with his wife, Delores. Greensburg Mayor Ron Silvis administered the oath of office to the hose company's officers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Prison sentence extended for New Kensington man
- Trafford man sentenced for sex with teen
- Man gets probation for sex with teen girl in New Kensington
- Ligonier men claim arrests violated rights
- Confederate memorabilia gets favorable attention at Westmoreland Fair
- Franklin Regional stabbing suspect Hribal to head to adult prison after Oct. 1
- Megan’s List offender charged with assault on 10-year-old Latrobe girl
- Ex-Ligonier Valley Midget Football treasurer Brewer accused of stealing $12K
- Scottdale man charged in robbery at car wash
- Mt. Pleasant Area board votes to establish $3.5M line of credit
- Westmoreland Manor fined $4,250 by state