East Huntingdon man accused of assaulting boy
A 21-year-old East Huntingdon Township man was jailed this week on charges of having sex with an 11-year-old boy over a two-year period.
Jesse R. Geyer, 21, of Route 981, is charged by state police in Greensburg with assaulting the youth on multiple occasions between January 2012 until March.
Trooper James Simpson said the alleged assaults were uncovered during an ongoing “sexting” investigation involving Geyer and a 14-year-old girl by Scottdale Police. No charges have been filed against Geyer in connection with the alleged sexting case, according to court records.
Geyer admitted to assaulting the boy during an interview with a caseworker with the Westmoreland County Children's Bureau, Simpson wrote in an affidavit of probable cause filed before Scottdale District Judge Chuck Moore.
Geyer is charged with aggravated indecent assault, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, unlawful contact with a minor and corruption of minors. He is being held in the Westmoreland County Prison on $5,000 bond.
A preliminary hearing will be held April 17 before Moore.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Westmoreland judges’ caseloads unlikely to affect district boundary changes
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- Restitution closes chapter for New Stanton mother
- Dog-training program gives prison inmates chance to give back
- New Stanton rejects road work bids
- West Overton museum to host Civil War exhibit
- Sale date for Monsour Medical Center in Jeannette finalized by court
- Psychologist to evaluate Greensburg woman involved in Daugherty killing