East Huntingdon man accused of assaulting boy
A 21-year-old East Huntingdon Township man was jailed this week on charges of having sex with an 11-year-old boy over a two-year period.
Jesse R. Geyer, 21, of Route 981, is charged by state police in Greensburg with assaulting the youth on multiple occasions between January 2012 until March.
Trooper James Simpson said the alleged assaults were uncovered during an ongoing “sexting” investigation involving Geyer and a 14-year-old girl by Scottdale Police. No charges have been filed against Geyer in connection with the alleged sexting case, according to court records.
Geyer admitted to assaulting the boy during an interview with a caseworker with the Westmoreland County Children's Bureau, Simpson wrote in an affidavit of probable cause filed before Scottdale District Judge Chuck Moore.
Geyer is charged with aggravated indecent assault, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, unlawful contact with a minor and corruption of minors. He is being held in the Westmoreland County Prison on $5,000 bond.
A preliminary hearing will be held April 17 before Moore.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hero Franklin Regional security guard out of work
- Man who fired shots in Monessen bar sentenced
- From heifers to science projects, Westmoreland Fair judges enjoy their task
- Salem teen surprised with Westmoreland Fair Queen win
- Quarantine on dogs relocated from Fayette shelter likely to be lifted soon
- Radiation measuring device triggered by load at Yukon facility
- Catholic Diocese of Greensburg injunction becomes permanent
- Stormwater management plan stuck in stalemate in Unity, Latrobe, Derry Townships
- Man admits preying on Lower Burrell neighbor, taking more than $100K in money, goods
- Audit: Westmoreland records were at risk in transfer to computer system
- Greater Latrobe schedules will be available online