East Huntingdon man accused of assaulting boy
A 21-year-old East Huntingdon Township man was jailed this week on charges of having sex with an 11-year-old boy over a two-year period.
Jesse R. Geyer, 21, of Route 981, is charged by state police in Greensburg with assaulting the youth on multiple occasions between January 2012 until March.
Trooper James Simpson said the alleged assaults were uncovered during an ongoing “sexting” investigation involving Geyer and a 14-year-old girl by Scottdale Police. No charges have been filed against Geyer in connection with the alleged sexting case, according to court records.
Geyer admitted to assaulting the boy during an interview with a caseworker with the Westmoreland County Children's Bureau, Simpson wrote in an affidavit of probable cause filed before Scottdale District Judge Chuck Moore.
Geyer is charged with aggravated indecent assault, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, unlawful contact with a minor and corruption of minors. He is being held in the Westmoreland County Prison on $5,000 bond.
A preliminary hearing will be held April 17 before Moore.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mt Pleasant police officer assaulted while making arrest
- St. Vincent professor, students use interviews to refresh drug addiction data
- Hempfield Area balances budget with 1.79-mill tax increase
- Hempfield dentist-turned-missionary-turned-author offers advice for youths
- Route 119 ramp to Route 819 to be closed in July
- Former Mt. Pleasant sex offender to stay behind bars while wife hunts for home
- Westmoreland County coroner scheduled to announce ruling in fatal 2013 police standoff
- Fire extinguished at Smithton commercial building
- 14-day Pennsylvania Hero Walk ends in Lower Burrell
- Hempfield man pleads guilty in crime spree in North Huntingdon, Jeannette, Unity
- Jeannette man wins $1M prize from Father’s Day gift of lottery ticket