East Huntingdon man accused of assaulting boy
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Thursday, April 11, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
A 21-year-old East Huntingdon Township man was jailed this week on charges of having sex with an 11-year-old boy over a two-year period.
Jesse R. Geyer, 21, of Route 981, is charged by state police in Greensburg with assaulting the youth on multiple occasions between January 2012 until March.
Trooper James Simpson said the alleged assaults were uncovered during an ongoing “sexting” investigation involving Geyer and a 14-year-old girl by Scottdale Police. No charges have been filed against Geyer in connection with the alleged sexting case, according to court records.
Geyer admitted to assaulting the boy during an interview with a caseworker with the Westmoreland County Children's Bureau, Simpson wrote in an affidavit of probable cause filed before Scottdale District Judge Chuck Moore.
Geyer is charged with aggravated indecent assault, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, unlawful contact with a minor and corruption of minors. He is being held in the Westmoreland County Prison on $5,000 bond.
A preliminary hearing will be held April 17 before Moore.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- None injured when car strikes school bus in Derry Township
- Attorney wants lesser term for woman in Greensburg torture death
- North Versailles, Murrysville families still waiting for report on 2011 chopper crash that killed couple
- Pastors offer help in days following Franklin Regional stabbings
- Murrysville woman shares her many tales as a professional storyteller
- ‘We Are FR’ fund going strong
- Graziani hired away from Latrobe as Penn Township’s manager
- Murrysville woman sues Giant Eagle over burns
- Blaze damages Derry Twp. garage, apartment
- Police say Latrobe woman bought gun for boyfriend, who shot neighbor
- Hempfield Area superintendent, business manager quit