East Huntingdon man accused of assaulting boy
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Thursday, April 11, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
A 21-year-old East Huntingdon Township man was jailed this week on charges of having sex with an 11-year-old boy over a two-year period.
Jesse R. Geyer, 21, of Route 981, is charged by state police in Greensburg with assaulting the youth on multiple occasions between January 2012 until March.
Trooper James Simpson said the alleged assaults were uncovered during an ongoing “sexting” investigation involving Geyer and a 14-year-old girl by Scottdale Police. No charges have been filed against Geyer in connection with the alleged sexting case, according to court records.
Geyer admitted to assaulting the boy during an interview with a caseworker with the Westmoreland County Children's Bureau, Simpson wrote in an affidavit of probable cause filed before Scottdale District Judge Chuck Moore.
Geyer is charged with aggravated indecent assault, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, unlawful contact with a minor and corruption of minors. He is being held in the Westmoreland County Prison on $5,000 bond.
A preliminary hearing will be held April 17 before Moore.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Youngwood woman charged with selling heroin in Greensburg hospital
- Mt. Pleasant to save with energy-efficient lighting
- Latrobe couple charged with shoving guard, stealing from Wal-Mart
- Lt. governor to speak at Westmoreland County GOP’s Reagan dinner
- Westmoreland County shared ride program sees drop in usage
- Norvelt man’s art on display at Seton Hill University’s gallery
- Detox treatment common for Westmoreland County inmates
- Company drops plan to build rehab hospital in Unity
- Bullskin Senior Center plans rummage sale
- Blaze at Bovard home causes damage in attic, but no one injured
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder