Newsmaker: William J. McCabe
William J. McCabe
Notable: McCabe received the President's Award for Professionalism at the annual Westmoreland Bar Association membership meeting. The award is not given annually, but is presented only when the dedication and achievements of a member of the bar should be acknowledged because he or she best exemplifies the highest standards of the profession.
Residence: North Huntingdon
Family: Wife of 32 years, Cynthia, and two children: son Sean, 29, and daughter Kathryn, 24.
Background: McCabe is a partner in the Greensburg law firm of DeBernardo, Antoniono, McCabe and Davis. He is a past president of the Westmoreland Bar and a trustee of the Westmoreland Bar Association Foundation. He is solicitor for municipal authorities in North Huntingdon and Derry townships. He concentrates his practice in criminal defense, personal injury and municipal law.
Education: Graduate of St. Vincent College in 1977 and the Duquesne University School of Law in 1980.
Quote: “I am truly honored to be recognized by my peers in this way. I have been a member of the Westmoreland Bar Association for 32 years, and have seen a number of excellent lawyers recognized by this award. I'm humbled to be counted among them.”
— John D. Oravecz
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Greensburg plastic surgeon pleads not guilty to charges of interfering with painkiller investigation
- Feud escalates between Westmoreland commissioner, controller
- Wyano woman accused of sex with 15-year-old boy
- Part-time prison guards wanted in Westmoreland
- Hempfield community group wins park auction
- With $4M in bank from municipal authority sale, financially strapped Jeannette exhales
- Westmoreland man charged with firing gun, narrowly missing child
- New charges against Hempfield bicyclist possible
- Westmoreland County’s prison board to consider inmate service projects
- Mt. Pleasant Borough pursues permit parking
- Unity man collects bits of Westmoreland County history