Westmoreland police take back drugs in program
The U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency will collect potentially dangerous controlled substances at area police departments Friday and this weekend as part of the National Take-Back Initiative.
The collections give residents a change to surrender expired, unwanted or unused pharmaceutical controlled substances and other medications for law enforcement to destroy.
Redstone Highlands Senior Living Communities' Murrysville campus will join borough police in a collection from 2-3 p.m. Friday at the campus.
On Saturday from 10 a.m.-2 p.m., the following police departments and a drugstore are participating in the program:
• Greensburg police, 416 S. Main St.
• Mt. Pleasant, borough building, 1 Etze Ave.
• North Huntingdon Townhouse, 11279 Center Highway
• Murrysville, community library, 4100 Sardis Road
• Lower Burrell, city hall, 2800 Bethel St.
• Arnold police station, 601 Drey St.
• Ligonier Township police, 1 Municipal Drive
• State police at Greensburg, 101 N. Westmoreland Ave., Hempfield
• The Medicine Shoppe, 709 Ligonier St., Latrobe.