Jersey man charged in big drug buy at New Stanton hotel
State narcotics agents said they used an undercover informant to arrange a large heroin buy on Thursday night at a New Stanton hotel that resulted in the arrest of a New Jersey man.
Wali Lane, 33, of Plainfield, N.J., was arrested by agents from state Attorney General Kathleen Kane's office on multiple drug possession and distribution charges after they discovered him in possession of 4,850 stamp bags of heroin, or nearly 100 bricks, stashed in a laundry detergent box.
The heroin has an estimated street value of approximately $73,000, authorities said.
Lane was arrested after agents executed a search warrant at his room at the Comfort Inn at 106 Bair Ave. at 10:43 p.m. on Thursday.
In an affidavit of probable cause filed before Youngwood District Judge James Falcon, agent Chelsy Santoro wrote that “(Lane) was the only occupant of the room. Sitting on the bed in plain view was a box of Gain laundry detergent.”
Lane was jailed after failing to post $15,000 bond set by Falcon. A preliminary hearing will be scheduled before Falcon.
Paul Peirce is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-850-2860 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Derry Twp. crash
- Latrobe group cancels raffle, seeks ticket holders for refunds
- Energy company responsible for polluting Donegal well appeals state’s finding
- Stewartsville principal’s comments taken out of context, district claims
- Southmoreland High School junior’s broken jaw ‘could have been avoided’
- Former Pagans leader works out plea agreement
- Woman charged with assault spree in Jeannette
- 2 suspects charged with second robbery in Hempfield
- Donegal Township families fight driller to get clean water
- Jeannette purse-snatching suspects to stand trial in 5 incidents
- Jeannette pleads for more state help