Jersey man charged in big drug buy at New Stanton hotel
State narcotics agents said they used an undercover informant to arrange a large heroin buy on Thursday night at a New Stanton hotel that resulted in the arrest of a New Jersey man.
Wali Lane, 33, of Plainfield, N.J., was arrested by agents from state Attorney General Kathleen Kane's office on multiple drug possession and distribution charges after they discovered him in possession of 4,850 stamp bags of heroin, or nearly 100 bricks, stashed in a laundry detergent box.
The heroin has an estimated street value of approximately $73,000, authorities said.
Lane was arrested after agents executed a search warrant at his room at the Comfort Inn at 106 Bair Ave. at 10:43 p.m. on Thursday.
In an affidavit of probable cause filed before Youngwood District Judge James Falcon, agent Chelsy Santoro wrote that “(Lane) was the only occupant of the room. Sitting on the bed in plain view was a box of Gain laundry detergent.”
Lane was jailed after failing to post $15,000 bond set by Falcon. A preliminary hearing will be scheduled before Falcon.
Paul Peirce is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-850-2860 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Prison becomes detox center for growing number of inmates with addictions
- Westmoreland County Fair doubles as meet-and-greet for candidates
- ‘Perfect’ skies draw big crowds to Westmoreland Fair
- Man gets probation for sex with teen girl in New Kensington
- Children honor late Ligonier Township officer at Westmoreland Fair
- Greensburg man charged with terroristic threats
- Hempfield man charged with beating woman, refusing for 2 days to take her to hospital
- Megan’s List offender charged with assault on 10-year-old Latrobe girl
- Guilty plea to attack on police officers nets probation for Mt. Pleasant man
- Excela Health has plan in works for orthopedic medical mall in Hempfield
- Hempfield prison film canceled because of Pa. budget impasse