Officer: 10 Suspects chase, threaten witness in attempted homicide case
Ten people are being accused of chasing and threatening a Monessen man who is a witness in an attempted homicide case.
City Patrolman David Yuhasz said that five juveniles and five adults allegedly chased down Jaisen Irwin at 9:34 p.m. on April 18 on Summit Avenue.
It's an “ongoing issue” in the city because Irwin has testified against five people who allegedly shot at him on Dec. 4, Yuhasz said. The five suspects reportedly believed Irwin was spreading rumors that some of them were involved in the murder of a city man on Dec. 3.
Facing charges in the April 18 incident are:
• Tyneil Allums, 18, of Monessen.
• Jeffrey Carlock, 18, of Monessen.
• Kenneth Lamar Clark, 18, of Monessen.
• Raymond Dickerson Jr., 18, of Monessen.
• James Lipscomb, 18, of Donora.
Each is charged before District Judge Joseph Dalfonso with intimidating or retaliating against a witness/victim, terroristic threats and conspiracy. Allums and Carlock turned themselves in on Monday and Tuesday, respectively. They are free on $5,000 unsecured bail.
Clark and Dickerson were arraigned April 24 and are free on $10,000 unsecured bail. Dickerson had not been arrested. Preliminary hearings are scheduled for May 31.
Westmoreland County Detective Thomas Horan said prosecutors plan to seek transferring the juvenile cases to adult court.
Facing the same charges are:
• Two 17-year-old males who are in juvenile custody.
• One 17-year-old male who since has turned 18 and had not been apprehended.
• A 16-year-old male who police said turned himself into authorities Tuesday.
• A 17-year-old female who had not been apprehended.
Police said several of the juveniles have had previous run-ins with the law.
A second 17-year-old male — a former Monessen football player — was found delinquent last year for having a handgun at the high school. A period of electronic monitoring recently ended, but the teen could be found in violation of his probation because the alleged incident occurred after an 8 p.m. curfew, police said.
A juvenile case against the 18-year-old was closed about two years ago after he was charged with having a knife in school, police said.
The 10 recently charged suspects joined nine others who have been arrested since Chris “Snaxx” Fincik was shot to death in his Maple Avenue home just after midnight on Dec. 3.
Earl Vatelle Pinkney, 19, of Chestnut Street, Monessen, and Chalsee L. Hughes, 20, of High Street, Duquesne, are charged in his death. Investigators have indicated more people could be arrested.
Investigators allege that on the afternoon of Dec. 4, Pinkney and four others chased and shot at Jaisen Irwin in Monessen because he was allegedly spreading rumors that some members of the group were involved in Fincik's murder.
Facing attempted homicide charges in that case are Pinkney; Antoine Hairston, 19; and siblings Samone N. Stepoli, 21, Terrence Stepoli, 20, and Joshua Stepoli, 19, all of Monessen.
Irwin testified during their preliminary hearings.
On Dec. 13, police found Hairston hiding in the Charleroi home of Samantha Dominique Scagline, 21, and charged her with hindering apprehension.
A Monessen man accused of threatening Irwin on Feb. 28 pleaded guilty in March to a charge of loitering and prowling at night. Charges of intimidation, terroristic threats and conspiracy were dismissed under a plea agreement. Jashawn Mackall, 19, of Monessen, was sentenced to 13 days to one year in jail. A 17-year-old male was accused in that incident.
Renatta Signorini is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-837-5374 or firstname.lastname@example.org.