Wellsboro man sentence to jail for assaults
A Wellsboro man was sentenced Wednesday to 11 1⁄2 to 23 months for assaulting two employees at Cove Prep treatment facility in Derry Township.
Edwin Tyler Polley, 20, was acting “unruly” when facility employees attempted to get him under control on Jan. 29, according to police.
Polley bit the right arm of one employee and spit in his face and mouth, police said. Another employee was kicked in the head and sustained a mild concussion.
Polley was sentenced to a consecutive five-year term of probation by Judge Rita Hathaway.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Hempfield murderer serving life sentence promises restitution when he’s released
- Westmoreland torture-slaying convict Smyrnes says death row isolation too cruel
- Extremes in weather hurt crops in Westmoreland
- Police: Scottdale man had child porn on computer
- Sutersville ready to sell former church
- More than 100 stamp bags confiscated in Greensburg; 4 arrested
- Hempfield cyclist to cool wheels in jail during appeal
- Scottdale chamber’s Community Yard Sale to be held Saturday
- Man charged with hitting girlfriend with car in East Huntingdon reaches plea agreement
- Youngwood playground found to be in violation of disability act again
- Latrobe police to host National Night Out