Wellsboro man sentence to jail for assaults
A Wellsboro man was sentenced Wednesday to 111⁄2 to 23 months for assaulting two employees at Cove Prep treatment facility in Derry Township.
Edwin Tyler Polley, 20, was acting “unruly” when facility employees attempted to get him under control on Jan. 29, according to police.
Polley bit the right arm of one employee and spit in his face and mouth, police said. Another employee was kicked in the head and sustained a mild concussion.
Polley was sentenced to a consecutive five-year term of probation by Judge Rita Hathaway.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Corbett, Wolf bring gubernatorial campaign to Greensburg
- Fay-West food banks feeling hunger pains
- Flight 93 memorial fire hints at struggle to safeguard historic artifacts
- The real Captain Phillips brings story of piracy to St. Vincent College
- DEP orders cleanup of former Jeannette Glass property to resume
- Route 217 bridge across Loyalhanna Creek reopens early
- Municipal Authority of Westmoreland County upgrades emergency communications plan
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- DNA evidence in alleged June 2013 rape leads to Latrobe man’s arrest
- Greater Latrobe teachers, school board approve 5-year contract
- Laurel Mountain State Park ski plans will go to Ligonier Township supervisors