Wellsboro man sentence to jail for assaults
A Wellsboro man was sentenced Wednesday to 111⁄2 to 23 months for assaulting two employees at Cove Prep treatment facility in Derry Township.
Edwin Tyler Polley, 20, was acting “unruly” when facility employees attempted to get him under control on Jan. 29, according to police.
Polley bit the right arm of one employee and spit in his face and mouth, police said. Another employee was kicked in the head and sustained a mild concussion.
Polley was sentenced to a consecutive five-year term of probation by Judge Rita Hathaway.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Murrysville man draws on experiences in starting SAT prep academy
- Arnold man sentenced for armed robbery
- Geyer helps revive Scottdale theater that bears family name
- Walker: Latrobe gets ready to welcome Steelers back to camp
- Baggaley school principal seeks volunteers to build playground
- Megan’s Law offender in Greensburg arrested when girl, 13, found hiding in shower
- State grant to aid Excela plans for orthopedic center in Hempfield
- Man snatches purse behind Westmoreland Mall
- Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board suspends in-store tastings
- Hookah bar on tap for Greensburg
- Westmoreland celebrates Americans with Disabilities Act’s anniversary