Wellsboro man sentence to jail for assaults
A Wellsboro man was sentenced Wednesday to 111⁄2 to 23 months for assaulting two employees at Cove Prep treatment facility in Derry Township.
Edwin Tyler Polley, 20, was acting “unruly” when facility employees attempted to get him under control on Jan. 29, according to police.
Polley bit the right arm of one employee and spit in his face and mouth, police said. Another employee was kicked in the head and sustained a mild concussion.
Polley was sentenced to a consecutive five-year term of probation by Judge Rita Hathaway.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mt. Pleasant hospital sets ‘exceptional’ example
- Lab results questioned in fatal Mt. Pleasant car accident
- A Griffins great: Seton Hill soccer team supports 7-year-old honorary member
- Ligonier Township man jailed in alleged assault of police chief
- Southmoreland student injured in school assault
- New York fuel cell company to add another plant in Mt. Pleasant Township
- Greater Latrobe elevates lacrosse teams
- Jeannette school board adds network assistant
- Latrobe Municipal Authority to replace solicitor
- Police investigate Hempfield fight
- Podlucky mansion in Ligonier Township will go to sheriff’s sale