Four Greensburg Salem candidates get both parties' backing
Four candidates for Greensburg Salem School Board appeared to virtually assure their election this fall by taking both major party nominations in Tuesday's election.
Incumbent Angela DeMarino-Tooch was fifth for both the Republican and Democrat nominations with 23 of 27 precincts reporting.
All five candidates cross-filed and sought the four nominations of both parties.
Returns on the GOP side showed Lee Kunkle with 24 percent of the vote, Ron Mellinger Jr., 22 percent, Barbara Vernail, 20 percent, Jeff Metrosky, 18 percent, and DeMarino-Tooch, 17 percent.
On the Democrat side, Kunkle had 22 percent; Mellinger, 22; Vernail, 21; Metrosky, 19; and DeMarino-Tooch, 16.
The five cross-filed. The top four vote-getters for each party earned a nomination and move on to the fall election.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Emaciated Lab-collie mix found in garbage bag in New Stanton
- Friends take to social media to recall Herminie teen
- Convicted killer won’t be freed in 1973 double-murder of children
- Derry Area energy costs expected to rise
- Ex-kennel manager in Fayette County ordered to pay fines
- MAX Environmental fined for ordinance violations
- Wanted: Youngwood Borough Council member
- Judge removes Zapatosky, Fayette County from civil rights suit
- Burglary, attempted assault at Rostraver bowling lanes investigated
- State police trooper seriously hurt when hit by vehicle in East Huntingdon
- Greensburg torture killer seeks reduction in sentence