Four Greensburg Salem candidates get both parties' backing
Four candidates for Greensburg Salem School Board appeared to virtually assure their election this fall by taking both major party nominations in Tuesday's election.
Incumbent Angela DeMarino-Tooch was fifth for both the Republican and Democrat nominations with 23 of 27 precincts reporting.
All five candidates cross-filed and sought the four nominations of both parties.
Returns on the GOP side showed Lee Kunkle with 24 percent of the vote, Ron Mellinger Jr., 22 percent, Barbara Vernail, 20 percent, Jeff Metrosky, 18 percent, and DeMarino-Tooch, 17 percent.
On the Democrat side, Kunkle had 22 percent; Mellinger, 22; Vernail, 21; Metrosky, 19; and DeMarino-Tooch, 16.
The five cross-filed. The top four vote-getters for each party earned a nomination and move on to the fall election.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- DNA evidence in alleged June 2013 rape leads to Latrobe man’s arrest
- East Huntingdon man, 91, finds 2nd career as a woodworker
- Hempfield killer Stahl ordered to pay for slain wife’s funeral
- Mt. Pleasant residents voice support for Zilli as borough police chief
- Westmoreland prison online visit program delayed again
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Westmoreland group gets pet oxygen masks for area fire departments
- Ministry makes sure no one goes hungry
- Derry man jailed in scuffle with police
- Palmer assistant honored with Latrobe service award