Four Greensburg Salem candidates get both parties' backing
Four candidates for Greensburg Salem School Board appeared to virtually assure their election this fall by taking both major party nominations in Tuesday's election.
Incumbent Angela DeMarino-Tooch was fifth for both the Republican and Democrat nominations with 23 of 27 precincts reporting.
All five candidates cross-filed and sought the four nominations of both parties.
Returns on the GOP side showed Lee Kunkle with 24 percent of the vote, Ron Mellinger Jr., 22 percent, Barbara Vernail, 20 percent, Jeff Metrosky, 18 percent, and DeMarino-Tooch, 17 percent.
On the Democrat side, Kunkle had 22 percent; Mellinger, 22; Vernail, 21; Metrosky, 19; and DeMarino-Tooch, 16.
The five cross-filed. The top four vote-getters for each party earned a nomination and move on to the fall election.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Westmoreland County gets the word out about drug problem
- Unity zoning board OKs cellphone tower project
- State grant to aid Excela plans for orthopedic center in Hempfield
- Baggaley school principal seeks volunteers to build playground
- Blaze ravages South Huntingdon home
- Penn Township sues to get blighted property cleaned
- Entrapment, injury reported in Derry Township accident
- St. Pius to host church festival on Sunday
- Derry Township assault suspect arrested
- Jeannette resident, 83, no longer teaches dance, still shows how it’s done
- Youngwood station building memorial to fallen firefighter