Four Greensburg Salem candidates get both parties' backing
Four candidates for Greensburg Salem School Board appeared to virtually assure their election this fall by taking both major party nominations in Tuesday's election.
Incumbent Angela DeMarino-Tooch was fifth for both the Republican and Democrat nominations with 23 of 27 precincts reporting.
All five candidates cross-filed and sought the four nominations of both parties.
Returns on the GOP side showed Lee Kunkle with 24 percent of the vote, Ron Mellinger Jr., 22 percent, Barbara Vernail, 20 percent, Jeff Metrosky, 18 percent, and DeMarino-Tooch, 17 percent.
On the Democrat side, Kunkle had 22 percent; Mellinger, 22; Vernail, 21; Metrosky, 19; and DeMarino-Tooch, 16.
The five cross-filed. The top four vote-getters for each party earned a nomination and move on to the fall election.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- East Huntingdon man dies following police chase
- West Newton man found dead in helicopter wreckage near Rostraver Airport
- Police: Westmoreland woman forged painkiller prescriptions
- Westmoreland historical society honors efforts by Scaife, Fagan, Norwin group
- Knife-wielding man attacks 2 in Sheetz lot in Greensburg
- Search for pilot of ultralight aircraft to resume Thursday
- Franklin Regional stabbing suspect could leave Pa. for treatment
- Groups sponsor candidates forum in Monessen
- Scottdale’s Friends of the Library will meet tonight
- Bolivar couple charged with endangerment; baby nearly drowned, police say
- Ligonier Valley student diagnosed with MRSA staph infection