Four Greensburg Salem candidates get both parties' backing
Four candidates for Greensburg Salem School Board appeared to virtually assure their election this fall by taking both major party nominations in Tuesday's election.
Incumbent Angela DeMarino-Tooch was fifth for both the Republican and Democrat nominations with 23 of 27 precincts reporting.
All five candidates cross-filed and sought the four nominations of both parties.
Returns on the GOP side showed Lee Kunkle with 24 percent of the vote, Ron Mellinger Jr., 22 percent, Barbara Vernail, 20 percent, Jeff Metrosky, 18 percent, and DeMarino-Tooch, 17 percent.
On the Democrat side, Kunkle had 22 percent; Mellinger, 22; Vernail, 21; Metrosky, 19; and DeMarino-Tooch, 16.
The five cross-filed. The top four vote-getters for each party earned a nomination and move on to the fall election.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Father, son killed in East Huntingdon crash
- YouTube campaign by Latrobe 4-year-old aids Alzheimer’s Association
- Penn Township man seeking gun permit accused of bringing heroin to courthouse
- Murrysville man draws on experiences in starting SAT prep academy
- Police: Westmoreland women stole thousands to pay for dog show hobby
- Consent decree that limits weddings at Foxley Farms ruled valid
- Adelphoi resident charged as adult in Latrobe assault
- Sewickley Township man got food stamps, $206K in gas well royalties, investigators say
- Forbes: Monday is pizza night at St. Pius