Four Greensburg Salem candidates get both parties' backing
Four candidates for Greensburg Salem School Board appeared to virtually assure their election this fall by taking both major party nominations in Tuesday's election.
Incumbent Angela DeMarino-Tooch was fifth for both the Republican and Democrat nominations with 23 of 27 precincts reporting.
All five candidates cross-filed and sought the four nominations of both parties.
Returns on the GOP side showed Lee Kunkle with 24 percent of the vote, Ron Mellinger Jr., 22 percent, Barbara Vernail, 20 percent, Jeff Metrosky, 18 percent, and DeMarino-Tooch, 17 percent.
On the Democrat side, Kunkle had 22 percent; Mellinger, 22; Vernail, 21; Metrosky, 19; and DeMarino-Tooch, 16.
The five cross-filed. The top four vote-getters for each party earned a nomination and move on to the fall election.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police look for Derry driver who crashed into house
- North Huntingdon man pleads guilty in road rage case
- Victims sue North Fayette bar, gunman, mother in fatal shooting
- Western Pa. Operation Nighthawk traffic patrol yields 38 arrests
- Lawyer claims medical issues kept Sewickley Township man from contempt hearing
- Former Jeannette man sentenced for claw hammer attack
- Monessen man’s homicide trial set
- New Stanton to craft comprehensive plan to prove borough ‘more than’ turnpike exit
- Radiation measuring device triggered by load at Yukon facility
- Mt. Pleasant police chief Ober retires
- Forbes: Westmoreland Fair continues through Saturday