Challenger defeats incumbent in Export mayoral primary
Democrat challenger Bob Campagna, 74, defeated incumbent Michael Calder, 30, for his party's nomination for Export mayor.
With 100 percent of precincts reporting, Campagna received 53 percent of the votes. Just five votes made the difference.
With no Republicans seeking the nomination, Campagna is virtually assured of re-election, barring any successful write-in campaign.
Calder could not be reached for comment Tuesday night.
Campagna, who has previously served two terms as mayor, thanked his supporters.
“When you're in office, you have to listen to the people,” he said. “They want better security and service.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Westmoreland women stole thousands to finance dog show appearances
- Latrobe man who admitted role in fatal crash allowed to continue driving
- Sunoco wants to rebuild station in Greensburg
- Sewickley Township man got food stamps, $206K in gas well royalties, investigators say
- Murrysville man draws on experiences in starting SAT prep academy
- Arnold man sentenced for armed robbery
- Megan’s Law offender in Greensburg arrested when girl, 13, found hiding in shower
- Geyer helps revive Scottdale theater that bears family name
- Mt. Pleasant customers to see sewage bills increase
- Unity zoning board OKs cellphone tower project
- Penn Township sues to get blighted property cleaned