Police: Man had drugs in backpack at Triangle Tech
An arrest warrant has been issued for a Triangle Tech student found with suspected heroin in his backpack while attending classes in the Greensburg technical school, according to police,
Alexander J. Primack, 21, of Greensburg is charged with two counts of possessing a controlled substance and one count of possessing drug paraphernalia, according to the warrant issued by Greensburg District Judge James Albert.
Police said officials at the East Pittsburgh Street school found the suspected drugs and drug paraphernalia last month when Primack fell asleep during class.
School officials believed he was under the influence of some type of substance at the time, police said.
Ten hypodermic needles — nine new and one used — a vial, plastic bags containing a white substance and several small, individual white papers wrapped in a rubber band were in the bag, police said.
At the station, police said they found 10 stamp bags of suspected heroin in the backpack. The bags were stamped “income tax,” police said. Authorities believe the white substance in the plastic bags was cocaine.
All of the items were sent to the state police crime lab for analysis.
Primack was dismissed from the school, authorities said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fast-growing Americans for Prosperity opens location in Greensburg
- Previously convicted of embezzlement, Mt. Pleasant postal worker accused of mail theft
- Police claim woman stabbed husband at their Jeannette business
- Westmoreland County Courthouse, annex roofs will be given $665K fix
- Ligonier Township planners offer suggested changes to zoning proposal
- Officials plan software upgrade to Westmoreland County emergency dispatching system
- Prosecutors want texts back in Pinkney trial
- Court in the Classroom program provides insight for Norwin High School students
- $7.6M buyout at Hempfield prison site clouds sale
- Unity lawyer to vie for Westmoreland County judgeship
- Westmoreland County Park Police: Man tried to enter courthouse with gun