Kitchen blaze damages Westmoreland County home
A kitchen fire caused extensive damage to a North Huntingdon home on Monday afternoon.
Circleville volunteer firefighters said heavy smoke was coming from the Samantha Drive home when they arrived shortly after 1 p.m.
Officials said the homeowner, whom they did not identify, left the house about 15 minutes before the fire was discovered.
The cause of the blaze remains under investigation, officials said.
A cat that was rescued from the home was treated by rescue workers and later taken to a local veterinary clinic for treatment, according to firefighters
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Slovenian Club in Claridge is marking 100th anniversary
- Greensburg sues man, attorney over ‘frivolous’ case
- Westmoreland judge keeps Ligonier Borough planning commission intact
- Derry Township residents voice concerns about mining company blast plans
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Pair share love of dance with youths in Fayette, Westmoreland
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- St. Michael’s volunteers cook up festival delights
- Westmoreland judges’ caseloads unlikely to affect district boundary changes