Dr. Arlene Hall named interim chancellor at PSU-Eberly
A former top administrator at Penn State-New Kensington will serve as interim chancellor of Penn State-Fayette, The Eberly Campus, the university announced on Thursday.
Dr. Arlene Hall, director emerita of academic affairs and associate professor of kinesiology, will assume her new role effective Aug. 1.
Hall served as the New Kensington campus' director of academic affairs from 2001-12, retiring after 36 years of service with Penn State.
Her appointment followed the university's recent announcement that chancellor Dr. Francis Achampong will become chancellor at Penn State's Mont Alto campus in Franklin County in August.
“I have known (Hall) for over a decade. She was a great colleague when we both served as chief academic officers for our respective campuses. I am sure she will work well with faculty, staff, students and the broader community to keep Penn State Fayette moving forward,” Achampong said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- WCCC fraternity helps fallen Ligonier officer’s family
- Greensburg grocer Charley esteemed for his charity work
- Police, the Diamond top Ligonier Borough issues
- State woos Kennametal with $1M in incentives to stay in Pa.
- Westmoreland County Common Pleas candidates differ on judicial retirement age
- 4 vie for 3 seats on Latrobe City Council
- West Newton officials, code officer clear the air
- Kennametal HQ relocation rankles Westmoreland County business leadership
- Navigating college financial aid options pays off
- Ligonier Valley takes proactive financial steps amid state budget stalemate
- Arnold man acquitted in rape case