Dr. Arlene Hall named interim chancellor at PSU-Eberly
A former top administrator at Penn State-New Kensington will serve as interim chancellor of Penn State-Fayette, The Eberly Campus, the university announced on Thursday.
Dr. Arlene Hall, director emerita of academic affairs and associate professor of kinesiology, will assume her new role effective Aug. 1.
Hall served as the New Kensington campus' director of academic affairs from 2001-12, retiring after 36 years of service with Penn State.
Her appointment followed the university's recent announcement that chancellor Dr. Francis Achampong will become chancellor at Penn State's Mont Alto campus in Franklin County in August.
“I have known (Hall) for over a decade. She was a great colleague when we both served as chief academic officers for our respective campuses. I am sure she will work well with faculty, staff, students and the broader community to keep Penn State Fayette moving forward,” Achampong said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Knife-wielding man attacks 2 in Sheetz lot in Greensburg
- Franklin Regional stabbing suspect could leave Pa. for treatment
- Ex-clerk convicted of stealing more than $116K from WCCC avoids jail
- Butler blasting worker in North Huntingdon water main break put on probation
- Bolivar couple charged with endangerment; baby nearly drowned, police say
- Delmont must address access road for gas station
- Youngwood Council to pick solicitor from ‘good mix’
- Greensburg man pleads guilty to lesser charges in altercation
- Police: Charges unwarranted for Yough shop class project
- Candidates to attend GOP event in Rostraver
- Mt. Pleasant library plans ‘Walk in the Park’