Dr. Arlene Hall named interim chancellor at PSU-Eberly
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Friday, May 24, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
A former top administrator at Penn State-New Kensington will serve as interim chancellor of Penn State-Fayette, The Eberly Campus, the university announced on Thursday.
Dr. Arlene Hall, director emerita of academic affairs and associate professor of kinesiology, will assume her new role effective Aug. 1.
Hall served as the New Kensington campus' director of academic affairs from 2001-12, retiring after 36 years of service with Penn State.
Her appointment followed the university's recent announcement that chancellor Dr. Francis Achampong will become chancellor at Penn State's Mont Alto campus in Franklin County in August.
“I have known (Hall) for over a decade. She was a great colleague when we both served as chief academic officers for our respective campuses. I am sure she will work well with faculty, staff, students and the broader community to keep Penn State Fayette moving forward,” Achampong said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- 4 Franklin Regional students remain hospitalized for stab wounds
- Failed inspection could make Jeannette flood-control project more costly
- Youngwood woman charged with selling heroin in Greensburg hospital
- Scottdale center to host tribute to singing legends
- Mt. Pleasant to save with energy-efficient lighting
- Westmoreland County shared ride program sees drop in usage
- Norvelt man’s art on display at Seton Hill University’s gallery
- Company drops plan to build rehab hospital in Unity
- Lt. governor to speak at Westmoreland County GOP’s Reagan dinner
- Bullskin Senior Center plans rummage sale