Dr. Arlene Hall named interim chancellor at PSU-Eberly
A former top administrator at Penn State-New Kensington will serve as interim chancellor of Penn State-Fayette, The Eberly Campus, the university announced on Thursday.
Dr. Arlene Hall, director emerita of academic affairs and associate professor of kinesiology, will assume her new role effective Aug. 1.
Hall served as the New Kensington campus' director of academic affairs from 2001-12, retiring after 36 years of service with Penn State.
Her appointment followed the university's recent announcement that chancellor Dr. Francis Achampong will become chancellor at Penn State's Mont Alto campus in Franklin County in August.
“I have known (Hall) for over a decade. She was a great colleague when we both served as chief academic officers for our respective campuses. I am sure she will work well with faculty, staff, students and the broader community to keep Penn State Fayette moving forward,” Achampong said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Confederate memorabilia gets favorable attention at Westmoreland Fair
- Franklin Regional stabbing suspect Hribal to head to adult prison after Oct. 1
- Westmoreland Fair queen eyes veterinary career
- Painter sues Westmoreland County commissioner over payment
- PennDOT outlines Route 119 plan
- Ligonier men claim arrests violated rights
- Megan’s List offender charged with assault on 10-year-old Latrobe girl
- Scottdale man charged in robbery at car wash
- Ex-Ligonier Valley Midget Football treasurer Brewer accused of stealing $12K
- Derry Area teachers near contract
- Mt. Pleasant Area board votes to establish $3.5M line of credit