Dr. Arlene Hall named interim chancellor at PSU-Eberly
A former top administrator at Penn State-New Kensington will serve as interim chancellor of Penn State-Fayette, The Eberly Campus, the university announced on Thursday.
Dr. Arlene Hall, director emerita of academic affairs and associate professor of kinesiology, will assume her new role effective Aug. 1.
Hall served as the New Kensington campus' director of academic affairs from 2001-12, retiring after 36 years of service with Penn State.
Her appointment followed the university's recent announcement that chancellor Dr. Francis Achampong will become chancellor at Penn State's Mont Alto campus in Franklin County in August.
“I have known (Hall) for over a decade. She was a great colleague when we both served as chief academic officers for our respective campuses. I am sure she will work well with faculty, staff, students and the broader community to keep Penn State Fayette moving forward,” Achampong said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- Cyclist traffic wanted
- Dog-training program gives prison inmates chance to give back
- Western Pa. volunteers battle wildfires in West
- Chemical mix sickens two from South Greensburg
- St. Michael’s volunteers cook up festival delights
- Slickville murderer’s appeal tossed
- New Stanton rejects road work bids
- Trooper: Suspect confessed to fatal Hempfield shooting