Irwin man killed in 1-vehicle crash in Hempfield
An Irwin man died in a crash early Sunday in Hempfield, according to the Westmoreland County Coroner's Office.
Joshua M. Jordan, 25, of Ninth Street was pronounced dead at 2:10 a.m. at the scene of the accident on Route 136 at Beeno Road west of Arona, according to a report from the coroner's office.
Jordan was a passenger in an eastbound Dodge Stratus that failed to negotiate a slight curve, left the road and traveled up an embankment about 1 a.m., the coroner's office said. Jordan was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the vehicle, the report said.
The driver was not identified in the coroner's news release. No information was available on Sunday from state police at Greensburg, who are investigating.
The cause of death was blunt-force trauma, according to an autopsy performed on Sunday by Cyril H. Wecht and Pathology Associates of Pittsburgh. Toxicology results are pending.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jewish congregations dwindling, forced to mull viability of worship sites
- Youthful actors bring Disney classic ‘Tarzan’ to life at Geyer in Scottdale
- Hempfield woman seriously injured in crash
- Hempfield woman donates music inspired by WWI ‘doughnut girls’
- Hempfield bicyclist gets one last chance from Westmoreland County judge
- Facelift approved for historic La Rose building in Greensburg
- Former Jeannette coach held for trial on charges of assault on teen girls
- Group takes veterans, seniors in WWII-era planes at Unity airport
- Unity to decide July 9 on disputed gas station
- Purple Heart recipient Krinock to lead July Fourth parade in Latrobe
- Greensburg torture killer Marinucci returns to court seeking lighter sentence