Irwin man killed in 1-vehicle crash in Hempfield
An Irwin man died in a crash early Sunday in Hempfield, according to the Westmoreland County Coroner's Office.
Joshua M. Jordan, 25, of Ninth Street was pronounced dead at 2:10 a.m. at the scene of the accident on Route 136 at Beeno Road west of Arona, according to a report from the coroner's office.
Jordan was a passenger in an eastbound Dodge Stratus that failed to negotiate a slight curve, left the road and traveled up an embankment about 1 a.m., the coroner's office said. Jordan was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the vehicle, the report said.
The driver was not identified in the coroner's news release. No information was available on Sunday from state police at Greensburg, who are investigating.
The cause of death was blunt-force trauma, according to an autopsy performed on Sunday by Cyril H. Wecht and Pathology Associates of Pittsburgh. Toxicology results are pending.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ligonier Valley YMCA marks start of 32,000-square-foot expansion
- Unity man’s bar pays homage to Latrobe’s Rolling Rock
- Police searching for man who pulled over high school student in Export
- Fracking foes pack zoning discussion in Ligonier Township
- Dog found shot dead in cardboard box in Derry Township
- Lineup released for Greensburg concert series
- Everson, Scottdale leaders optimistic about future for boroughs
- Gettysburg march re-enactors to share tale with Chestnut Ridge Historical Society
- Latrobe weighs hike in roll-off container rates
- Youngwood firefighter remembered on anniversary of death