Irwin man killed in 1-vehicle crash in Hempfield
An Irwin man died in a crash early Sunday in Hempfield, according to the Westmoreland County Coroner's Office.
Joshua M. Jordan, 25, of Ninth Street was pronounced dead at 2:10 a.m. at the scene of the accident on Route 136 at Beeno Road west of Arona, according to a report from the coroner's office.
Jordan was a passenger in an eastbound Dodge Stratus that failed to negotiate a slight curve, left the road and traveled up an embankment about 1 a.m., the coroner's office said. Jordan was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the vehicle, the report said.
The driver was not identified in the coroner's news release. No information was available on Sunday from state police at Greensburg, who are investigating.
The cause of death was blunt-force trauma, according to an autopsy performed on Sunday by Cyril H. Wecht and Pathology Associates of Pittsburgh. Toxicology results are pending.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Project to tear down former Jeannette District Memorial Hospital on schedule, Excela says
- Norwin band director is finding lots of success in return to his alma mater
- Westmoreland County furloughs weights and measurements director
- Jeannette company’s miniature steam engines coveted for decades
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- Plenty of ‘pain’ to share, as Westmoreland County budget OK’d with $8M in cuts
- Penn Township man who shot friend gets probation
- Hempfield leaders kill zoning request for townhomes
- Mt. Pleasant man charged with unlawful restraint
- United Way surplus funds benefit 9 nonprofits in Westmoreland County
- Arbitration decides Westmoreland court workers’ pact