Irwin man killed in 1-vehicle crash in Hempfield
An Irwin man died in a crash early Sunday in Hempfield, according to the Westmoreland County Coroner's Office.
Joshua M. Jordan, 25, of Ninth Street was pronounced dead at 2:10 a.m. at the scene of the accident on Route 136 at Beeno Road west of Arona, according to a report from the coroner's office.
Jordan was a passenger in an eastbound Dodge Stratus that failed to negotiate a slight curve, left the road and traveled up an embankment about 1 a.m., the coroner's office said. Jordan was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the vehicle, the report said.
The driver was not identified in the coroner's news release. No information was available on Sunday from state police at Greensburg, who are investigating.
The cause of death was blunt-force trauma, according to an autopsy performed on Sunday by Cyril H. Wecht and Pathology Associates of Pittsburgh. Toxicology results are pending.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Identities of theft suspects sought by Penn Township and state police
- Grant program targets 7 Westmoreland County towns, including Greensburg, for revitalization
- Girl, 8, hit by truck in North Irwin, breaks leg
- Westmoreland judge: Contact with advocacy group won’t hamper fairness in drug trial
- Contract talks to start this week for prison union in Westmoreland
- Latrobe-Unity parks department seeks grant; revamp to cost $112K
- 1 injured in Mt. Pleasant Twp. accident
- 40-year-old Latrobe woman used boy, 13, for sex, drugs, police say
- At 87, Rostraver man still entertaining polka fans
- Mt. Pleasant Scout creates drop box for flag disposal
- Police: Penn Township man was ‘lonely,’ so he called 911