Irwin man killed in 1-vehicle crash in Hempfield
An Irwin man died in a crash early Sunday in Hempfield, according to the Westmoreland County Coroner's Office.
Joshua M. Jordan, 25, of Ninth Street was pronounced dead at 2:10 a.m. at the scene of the accident on Route 136 at Beeno Road west of Arona, according to a report from the coroner's office.
Jordan was a passenger in an eastbound Dodge Stratus that failed to negotiate a slight curve, left the road and traveled up an embankment about 1 a.m., the coroner's office said. Jordan was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the vehicle, the report said.
The driver was not identified in the coroner's news release. No information was available on Sunday from state police at Greensburg, who are investigating.
The cause of death was blunt-force trauma, according to an autopsy performed on Sunday by Cyril H. Wecht and Pathology Associates of Pittsburgh. Toxicology results are pending.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Scottdale appoints borough solicitor
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Westmoreland group gets pet oxygen masks for area fire departments
- East Huntingdon man, 91, finds 2nd career as a woodworker
- Seat in 32nd District deemed crucial for Pennsylvania Senate control
- Latrobe police officer sues councilman, city for slander
- Police: Trafford couple used website to advertise prostitution services
- Greensburg merchants offer soup for a charitable Claus
- Derry man jailed in scuffle with police
- Palmer assistant honored with Latrobe service award
- Greater Latrobe outsources more computer work, touted to save $60K