Irwin man killed in 1-vehicle crash in Hempfield
An Irwin man died in a crash early Sunday in Hempfield, according to the Westmoreland County Coroner's Office.
Joshua M. Jordan, 25, of Ninth Street was pronounced dead at 2:10 a.m. at the scene of the accident on Route 136 at Beeno Road west of Arona, according to a report from the coroner's office.
Jordan was a passenger in an eastbound Dodge Stratus that failed to negotiate a slight curve, left the road and traveled up an embankment about 1 a.m., the coroner's office said. Jordan was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the vehicle, the report said.
The driver was not identified in the coroner's news release. No information was available on Sunday from state police at Greensburg, who are investigating.
The cause of death was blunt-force trauma, according to an autopsy performed on Sunday by Cyril H. Wecht and Pathology Associates of Pittsburgh. Toxicology results are pending.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sale of former SCI Greensburg prison to advance despite lawmakers’ objections
- Previously convicted of embezzlement, Mt. Pleasant postal worker accused of mail theft
- Jeannette teen, charged with killing another, took ‘selfie’ with body, court papers say
- Mt. Pleasant Business District Authority picks officers
- Fast-growing Americans for Prosperity opens location in Greensburg
- Court in the Classroom program provides insight for Norwin High School students
- Deputy sheriff seeks top spot in Greensburg office
- Latrobe police to form DUI task force
- Excela center proposal worries residents of Hempfield neighborhood
- Unity lawyer to vie for Westmoreland County judgeship
- State senator urges rejecting bids for former state prison site near Greensburg