Irwin man killed in 1-vehicle crash in Hempfield
An Irwin man died in a crash early Sunday in Hempfield, according to the Westmoreland County Coroner's Office.
Joshua M. Jordan, 25, of Ninth Street was pronounced dead at 2:10 a.m. at the scene of the accident on Route 136 at Beeno Road west of Arona, according to a report from the coroner's office.
Jordan was a passenger in an eastbound Dodge Stratus that failed to negotiate a slight curve, left the road and traveled up an embankment about 1 a.m., the coroner's office said. Jordan was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the vehicle, the report said.
The driver was not identified in the coroner's news release. No information was available on Sunday from state police at Greensburg, who are investigating.
The cause of death was blunt-force trauma, according to an autopsy performed on Sunday by Cyril H. Wecht and Pathology Associates of Pittsburgh. Toxicology results are pending.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fire at Flight 93 National Memorial hints at struggle to safeguard historic artifacts
- DEP orders cleanup of former Jeannette Glass property to resume
- Route 217 bridge across Loyalhanna Creek reopens early
- Southwest Greensburg man died of injuries in accident in Bell
- The real Captain Phillips brings story of piracy to St. Vincent College
- Corbett rips Wolf tax proposals during Hempfield campaign stop
- Missing Southwest Greensburg man found dead at crash site in Bell
- Redstone gets $90K grant for safety upgrade
- Laurel Mountain State Park ski plans will go to Ligonier Township supervisors
- Municipal Authority of Westmoreland County upgrades emergency communications plan
- Former Ligonier Township supervisor accused of abusing position, viewing porn on the job