Grease fire damages Southwest Greensburg kitchen
A grease fire just after 8 p.m. Sunday caused costly damage to a residence in Southwest Greensburg, according to the fire chief.
A man was using grease to cook french fries in a pan when the fire started in the kitchen at 532 Alexander Street and spread to the walls and ceiling, said Bill Wright Jr., Southwest Greensburg Fire Department chief.
Four people escaped the house without injury, Wright said. Firefighters contained the blaze to the kitchen, but Wright estimated the loss at between $8,000 and $10,000.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Some Derry residents still without water
- Mt. Pleasant-based author details area’s ‘Hidden History’
- Westmoreland, Fayette towns prepare to ring in holidays
- Students learn risks of digital lives at middle school presentation in Hempfield
- Man taken to hospital from scene of Hempfield house fire
- Westmoreland, Fayette groups open doors to share Thanksgiving meals
- Jeep lands near Mt. Pleasant house after collision
- New Stanton council hikes garbage fees to $13.65 per month
- Fire at Latrobe plant contained
- Taxes on old Eagles building in Scottdale forgiven