Vandals cut down trees at Hempfield high school
Hempfield Area School District officials are trying to determine the identities of vandals who cut down three small trees outside the high school on the last day of school Thursday, superintendent Andy Leopold said.
“I guess the Class of 2013 didn't want to be forgotten,” he said.
He believes the tree were cut sometime overnight.
Leopold said there are cameras located outside the high school, stadium and field house, but not along Spartan Drive where the trees were cut.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Latrobe infant found in filth, police say
- Fickle weather gives pumpkin growers in Pennsylvania fits
- East Deer man chastised by Westmoreland judge, paroled, released
- Officials criticize West Newton code enforcement officer
- Greensburg mayor race features write-in hopeful vs. businessman
- Fire damages home in Greensburg
- Hempfield woman bounces back from serious car crash
- Medical center ‘monstrosity’ near end in Jeannette
- Westmoreland subsidy that helps finance Spirit Airlines draws scrutiny
- Loaded gun found in carry-on at Arnold Palmer airport could cost passenger $7,000
- Westmoreland County commissioner candidates meet up for first debate