Vandals cut down trees at Hempfield high school
Hempfield Area School District officials are trying to determine the identities of vandals who cut down three small trees outside the high school on the last day of school Thursday, superintendent Andy Leopold said.
“I guess the Class of 2013 didn't want to be forgotten,” he said.
He believes the tree were cut sometime overnight.
Leopold said there are cameras located outside the high school, stadium and field house, but not along Spartan Drive where the trees were cut.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Reputed leader of motorcycle gang returned to Pa. to face charges
- Yukon kennel founder jailed for allegedly threatening workers
- Sale date for Monsour Medical Center in Jeannette finalized by court
- Greensburg woman faces theft, drug charges
- Scottdale Community Pool offers swim classes
- Medical pot advocates speak up at meeting with Sen. Folmer in Export
- Man accused of Jacobs Creek arson
- No injuries after Greensburg-Salem school bus accident in Murrysville
- Latrobe law firm’s secretary pleads guilty to income tax evasion
- Interim Westmoreland County Transit Authority chief gets job
- Charges dropped of theft of century-old whiskey in Westmoreland County as suspect dies