Vandals cut down trees at Hempfield high school
Hempfield Area School District officials are trying to determine the identities of vandals who cut down three small trees outside the high school on the last day of school Thursday, superintendent Andy Leopold said.
“I guess the Class of 2013 didn't want to be forgotten,” he said.
He believes the tree were cut sometime overnight.
Leopold said there are cameras located outside the high school, stadium and field house, but not along Spartan Drive where the trees were cut.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former Ligonier Township supervisor accused of abusing position, viewing porn on the job
- Missing Southwest Greensburg man found dead at crash site in Bell
- Mt. Pleasant man injured when tractor hit by vehicle
- The real Captain Phillips brings story of piracy to St. Vincent College
- $10K grants will help people purchase homes in Monessen
- Laurel Mountain State Park ski plans will go to Ligonier Township supervisors
- Municipal Authority of Westmoreland County upgrades emergency communications plan
- Records access charges will rise in Westmoreland County
- Physicist found joy in family, friends, work, wine
- WCCC changes dual-enrollment policy
- Redstone gets $90K grant for safety upgrade