Woman hurt in Unity parking lot accident
A pedestrian was taken to a hospital on Wednesday for treatment of minor injuries because she was struck in a grocery store parking lot.
State police said that Joan E. Marsh, 73, of Derry was returning a shopping cart in the Giant Eagle parking lot at 11:45 a.m. when a Chevrolet Malibu backing into a parking space struck the cart, causing Marsh to fall down and hit her head.
The Chevrolet's driver, Marianne Bates, 72, and passenger Olive I. Kalp, 94, both of Latrobe, were not injured, police said. Marsh was taken to Excela Health Latrobe Hospital.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Red Onion reunion possibly the last for Hempfield coal mining village
- Judge denies former New Alexandria tree trimmer another chance
- Heroin suspect out of Westmoreland County jail on $100K bond
- Monessen home invasion ‘ringleader’ denied leniency
- Gas meter struck, road temporarily closed near Armbrust Wesleyan Church
- Police: Greensburg man had heroin, stolen gun
- Ligonier Valley YMCA project in public phase
- Girl, 10, forced to strip in Sewickley Township home invasion
- Kecksburg celebrates its UFO history with annual festival
- Music on way to Westmoreland’s Twin Lakes Park
- Hempfield murderer serving life sentence promises restitution when he’s released