Woman hurt in Unity parking lot accident
A pedestrian was taken to a hospital on Wednesday for treatment of minor injuries because she was struck in a grocery store parking lot.
State police said that Joan E. Marsh, 73, of Derry was returning a shopping cart in the Giant Eagle parking lot at 11:45 a.m. when a Chevrolet Malibu backing into a parking space struck the cart, causing Marsh to fall down and hit her head.
The Chevrolet's driver, Marianne Bates, 72, and passenger Olive I. Kalp, 94, both of Latrobe, were not injured, police said. Marsh was taken to Excela Health Latrobe Hospital.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jewish congregations dwindling, forced to mull viability of worship sites
- Youthful actors bring Disney classic ‘Tarzan’ to life at Geyer in Scottdale
- Hempfield woman seriously injured in crash
- Former Jeannette coach held for trial on charges of assault on teen girls
- Hempfield woman donates music inspired by WWI ‘doughnut girls’
- Hempfield bicyclist gets one last chance from Westmoreland County judge
- Facelift approved for historic La Rose building in Greensburg
- Group takes veterans, seniors in WWII-era planes at Unity airport
- Unity to decide July 9 on disputed gas station
- Purple Heart recipient Krinock to lead July Fourth parade in Latrobe
- Hempfield dentist-turned-missionary-turned-author offers advice for youths