Woman hurt in Unity parking lot accident
A pedestrian was taken to a hospital on Wednesday for treatment of minor injuries because she was struck in a grocery store parking lot.
State police said that Joan E. Marsh, 73, of Derry was returning a shopping cart in the Giant Eagle parking lot at 11:45 a.m. when a Chevrolet Malibu backing into a parking space struck the cart, causing Marsh to fall down and hit her head.
The Chevrolet's driver, Marianne Bates, 72, and passenger Olive I. Kalp, 94, both of Latrobe, were not injured, police said. Marsh was taken to Excela Health Latrobe Hospital.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Hempfield train crash search called off; no evidence found
- Motorcyclist killed after striking pole in Penn Township
- Westmoreland used car dealers indicted in fraud
- Online donors help Hempfield teen whose wallet was stolen
- ‘Dope sick’ man in custody in Mt. Pleasant stick-up
- Numerous Westmoreland communities to observe Memorial Day
- Lawyers for convicted killer Smyrnes want info about death row
- Man killed after car leaves Route 819, veers through East Huntington parking lot
- Greensburg, Youngwood pools opening for the season May 30
- Westmoreland County Blind Association building brimming with activity
- Youngwood veteran officially joins the Class of 1945