Woman hurt in Unity parking lot accident
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 7:43 p.m.
A pedestrian was taken to a hospital on Wednesday for treatment of minor injuries because she was struck in a grocery store parking lot.
State police said that Joan E. Marsh, 73, of Derry was returning a shopping cart in the Giant Eagle parking lot at 11:45 a.m. when a Chevrolet Malibu backing into a parking space struck the cart, causing Marsh to fall down and hit her head.
The Chevrolet's driver, Marianne Bates, 72, and passenger Olive I. Kalp, 94, both of Latrobe, were not injured, police said. Marsh was taken to Excela Health Latrobe Hospital.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- 4 Franklin Regional students remain hospitalized for stab wounds
- Youngwood woman charged with selling heroin in Greensburg hospital
- Failed inspection could make Jeannette flood-control project more costly
- Westmoreland County shared ride program sees drop in usage
- Scottdale center to host tribute to singing legends
- Mt. Pleasant to save with energy-efficient lighting
- Latrobe couple charged with shoving guard, stealing from Wal-Mart
- Lt. governor to speak at Westmoreland County GOP’s Reagan dinner
- Norvelt man’s art on display at Seton Hill University’s gallery
- None injured when car strikes school bus in Derry Township