Woman hurt in Unity parking lot accident
A pedestrian was taken to a hospital on Wednesday for treatment of minor injuries because she was struck in a grocery store parking lot.
State police said that Joan E. Marsh, 73, of Derry was returning a shopping cart in the Giant Eagle parking lot at 11:45 a.m. when a Chevrolet Malibu backing into a parking space struck the cart, causing Marsh to fall down and hit her head.
The Chevrolet's driver, Marianne Bates, 72, and passenger Olive I. Kalp, 94, both of Latrobe, were not injured, police said. Marsh was taken to Excela Health Latrobe Hospital.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Westmoreland County adds 5 caseworker positions as child abuse cases increase
- Delmont man blogs about industrial history of region, exploring long-cold coke ovens
- Bids expected for demolition of Monsour Medical Center in Jeannette
- PennDOT has to complete acquisition of 4 parcels, take down trees for New Stanton interchange on I-70
- Greensburg YMCA plans to restore front porch to 1913 look
- Youngwood officials to submit drawings to state agency that orders playground work stoppage
- Geyer Performing Arts Center hosts AAFC production of ‘Murder on the Nile’
- Body found in North Huntingdon
- Former Ligonier Township supervisor’s case heads to trial
- Exception sought by Latrobe Municipal Authority
- Latrobe police seek driver of red cargo van