Woman hurt in Unity parking lot accident
A pedestrian was taken to a hospital on Wednesday for treatment of minor injuries because she was struck in a grocery store parking lot.
State police said that Joan E. Marsh, 73, of Derry was returning a shopping cart in the Giant Eagle parking lot at 11:45 a.m. when a Chevrolet Malibu backing into a parking space struck the cart, causing Marsh to fall down and hit her head.
The Chevrolet's driver, Marianne Bates, 72, and passenger Olive I. Kalp, 94, both of Latrobe, were not injured, police said. Marsh was taken to Excela Health Latrobe Hospital.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Burglary, attempted assault at Rostraver bowling lanes investigated
- State police trooper seriously hurt when hit by vehicle in East Huntingdon
- Westmoreland County to auction guns, vehicles
- Herminie woman, 18, dies after car accident in Turkeytown
- Razing of Monsour Medical Center in Jeannette within reach with $1M grant
- Greensburg torture killer seeks reduction in sentence
- Fund set up for 4-year-old Meyersdale girl’s final expenses
- Hribal’s attorney seeks to push back trial
- Westmoreland County Historical Society honors late Tribune-Review publisher Scaife, Fort Ligonier trustee emeritus Fagan
- Laurel Art Club to meet at Scottdale library
- Fire marshal rules Derry mobile home fire was accidental