Penn Twp. woman allegedly tried to place rope on child's neck
A woman allegedly attempted to place a rope around her child's neck during an argument with her father, according to police.
Crystal Jean Steinman, 31, of Rizzi Drive, threatened suicide during the argument on Wednesday evening and started to place a rope around her child's neck, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Steinman and her husband, Timothy Jay Steinman Jr., 33, of the same address, allegedly assaulted Crystal Steinman's father during the argument. The pair fled with their children, according to police.
Crystal Steinman is being held in the Westmoreland County Prison in lieu of $20,000 bail on charges of endangering the welfare of a child, reckless endangerment, simple assault and harassment. Timothy Steinman faces charges of simple assault and harassment and is in the prison on $15,000 bail.
Preliminary hearings before District Judge Helen Kistler are scheduled for June 25.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Contractor on New Stanton I-70 project wants access route
- Police: Woman faked Mt. Pleasant robbery
- Hempfield officials to review site plan for Excela Health Orthoplex
- Latrobe parks and recreation director to retire
- Ligonier man accused of beating, strangling woman
- Unity planners recommend OK of church plans
- Training sessions to administer heroin overdose antidote to begin in Derry
- Westmoreland Fair queen eyes veterinary career
- Prison becomes detox center for growing number of inmates with addictions
- Detaining juveniles charged as adults costs Westmoreland reimbursement money
- North Carolina man sent nude photo to 8-year-old girl in Grapeville, police say