Penn Twp. woman allegedly tried to place rope on child's neck
A woman allegedly attempted to place a rope around her child's neck during an argument with her father, according to police.
Crystal Jean Steinman, 31, of Rizzi Drive, threatened suicide during the argument on Wednesday evening and started to place a rope around her child's neck, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Steinman and her husband, Timothy Jay Steinman Jr., 33, of the same address, allegedly assaulted Crystal Steinman's father during the argument. The pair fled with their children, according to police.
Crystal Steinman is being held in the Westmoreland County Prison in lieu of $20,000 bail on charges of endangering the welfare of a child, reckless endangerment, simple assault and harassment. Timothy Steinman faces charges of simple assault and harassment and is in the prison on $15,000 bail.
Preliminary hearings before District Judge Helen Kistler are scheduled for June 25.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Machine operator avoids serious injuries in accident in North Huntingdon
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Derry Twp. crash
- Expansion in works for Mt. Pleasant Glass Museum
- Harhai campaign emails from 2007 under review, Westmoreland County DA says
- Energy company responsible for polluting Donegal well appeals state’s finding
- 40-year-old Latrobe woman used boy, 13, for sex, drugs, police say
- Police: Penn Township man was ‘lonely,’ so he called 911
- Southmoreland High School junior’s broken jaw ‘could have been avoided’
- Ligonier Township considers cellphone tower requests
- Latrobe school directors won’t forgive bill for WCCC land
- Greensburg finalizes deal to provide sign language interpreter for soccer program