Penn Twp. woman allegedly tried to place rope on child's neck
A woman allegedly attempted to place a rope around her child's neck during an argument with her father, according to police.
Crystal Jean Steinman, 31, of Rizzi Drive, threatened suicide during the argument on Wednesday evening and started to place a rope around her child's neck, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Steinman and her husband, Timothy Jay Steinman Jr., 33, of the same address, allegedly assaulted Crystal Steinman's father during the argument. The pair fled with their children, according to police.
Crystal Steinman is being held in the Westmoreland County Prison in lieu of $20,000 bail on charges of endangering the welfare of a child, reckless endangerment, simple assault and harassment. Timothy Steinman faces charges of simple assault and harassment and is in the prison on $15,000 bail.
Preliminary hearings before District Judge Helen Kistler are scheduled for June 25.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sewickley Township fraud case reopens old wound for New Stanton woman
- Latrobe woman charged in deadly standoff claims coercion
- Ex-cop from Irwin gets jail for drug sales while posing as officer
- Judge OKs Jeannette Glass sale
- Separate trials sought in fatal Murrysville DUI
- Police caution residents after Murrysville vehicle break-ins
- Greensburg man sentenced for heroin sales
- Fraud case reopens old wound
- Slide stabilization project delayed in Hempfield
- Penn Township teen allegedly drunk at time of police chase, crash
- More charges filed against Derry Township man who allegedly held woman at knifepoint