Penn Twp. woman allegedly tried to place rope on child's neck
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Friday, June 21, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
A woman allegedly attempted to place a rope around her child's neck during an argument with her father, according to police.
Crystal Jean Steinman, 31, of Rizzi Drive, threatened suicide during the argument on Wednesday evening and started to place a rope around her child's neck, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Steinman and her husband, Timothy Jay Steinman Jr., 33, of the same address, allegedly assaulted Crystal Steinman's father during the argument. The pair fled with their children, according to police.
Crystal Steinman is being held in the Westmoreland County Prison in lieu of $20,000 bail on charges of endangering the welfare of a child, reckless endangerment, simple assault and harassment. Timothy Steinman faces charges of simple assault and harassment and is in the prison on $15,000 bail.
Preliminary hearings before District Judge Helen Kistler are scheduled for June 25.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police see no sign Franklin Regional stabbing suspect was bullied
- Retired postal worker picks $1M winner
- Community turns out for Franklin Regional students’ return to class
- Response to Franklin Regional stabbings earns official top public safety spot
- Derry Borough councilwoman pleads guilty in missing-money case
- Jailed Hribal ‘fine,’ but family ‘terrible’ as answers in stabbing sought
- Ligonier Township to consider zoning for ‘agricultural tourism’
- Police: Volunteer firefighter admits to setting fires
- Judge rules Delmont man was not aggressor in assault outside Wal-Mart
- Hempfield Area superintendent, business manager quit
- Students visit Franklin Regional days after mass stabbing