Penn Twp. woman allegedly tried to place rope on child's neck
A woman allegedly attempted to place a rope around her child's neck during an argument with her father, according to police.
Crystal Jean Steinman, 31, of Rizzi Drive, threatened suicide during the argument on Wednesday evening and started to place a rope around her child's neck, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Steinman and her husband, Timothy Jay Steinman Jr., 33, of the same address, allegedly assaulted Crystal Steinman's father during the argument. The pair fled with their children, according to police.
Crystal Steinman is being held in the Westmoreland County Prison in lieu of $20,000 bail on charges of endangering the welfare of a child, reckless endangerment, simple assault and harassment. Timothy Steinman faces charges of simple assault and harassment and is in the prison on $15,000 bail.
Preliminary hearings before District Judge Helen Kistler are scheduled for June 25.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- State police trooper seriously hurt when hit by vehicle in East Huntingdon
- Greensburg torture killer seeks reduction in sentence
- Razing of Monsour Medical Center in Jeannette within reach with $1M grant
- Herminie woman, 18, dies after car accident in Turkeytown
- Fund set up for 4-year-old Meyersdale girl’s final expenses
- Hribal’s attorney seeks to push back trial
- Westmoreland County Historical Society honors late Tribune-Review publisher Scaife, Fort Ligonier trustee emeritus Fagan
- Westmoreland County to auction guns, vehicles
- Fire marshal rules Derry mobile home fire was accidental
- Trust for Hempfield cemetery low on cash; bank asks to be absolved of responsibility
- Armed robber lurks near ATM in New Stanton