Penn Twp. woman allegedly tried to place rope on child's neck
A woman allegedly attempted to place a rope around her child's neck during an argument with her father, according to police.
Crystal Jean Steinman, 31, of Rizzi Drive, threatened suicide during the argument on Wednesday evening and started to place a rope around her child's neck, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Steinman and her husband, Timothy Jay Steinman Jr., 33, of the same address, allegedly assaulted Crystal Steinman's father during the argument. The pair fled with their children, according to police.
Crystal Steinman is being held in the Westmoreland County Prison in lieu of $20,000 bail on charges of endangering the welfare of a child, reckless endangerment, simple assault and harassment. Timothy Steinman faces charges of simple assault and harassment and is in the prison on $15,000 bail.
Preliminary hearings before District Judge Helen Kistler are scheduled for June 25.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Homewood man faces drug charges after chase in Trafford
- Students learn risks of digital lives at middle school presentation in Hempfield
- 20 charged in Western Pennsylvania drug crackdown
- Former SCI Greensburg headed for auction block
- Jeannette ups earned income tax
- Westmoreland DA wants killer Stahl to pay wife’s relatives
- Ex-youth group volunteer from Monroeville indicted on child pornography charges
- Unity municipal authority blames rate hike on past actions
- 3 gunmen sought in Hempfield home invasion
- Central Westmoreland Career and Technology students may have hand, foot and mouth disease
- New Stanton turnpike plaza 1st to offer compressed natural gas