Police: Grapeville man parked truck on tracks
A Grapeville man allegedly left his truck on railroad tracks and then reported it stolen.
State police have charged Shawn Patrick McCune, 25, of Stevenson Street, with leaving his black 2001 Ford F-150 with only three tires on tracks along Rodebaugh Road. The vehicle was found on March 6 at about 6 a.m.
When contacted by police, McCune said the vehicle must have been stolen because he had last seen it the prior evening. He told police that he parked the truck at his home on March 5, went to a bar and was later dropped off at a relative's house.
However, a witness told police he saw McCune driving the truck at about 3:30 a.m. on March 6. McCune allegedly asked his mother to report the vehicle stolen to an insurance company, according to court documents.
He is charged with criminal solicitation to commit insurance fraud, insurance fraud, attempted unsworn falsification to authorities, unsworn falsification to authorities, risking a catastrophe and false reports to law enforcement before District Judge Joseph DeMarchis.
An arrest warrant has been issued.
In April 2012, McCune was charged by state police with recklessly endangering another person and criminal mischief in connection with an April 1 arson in Hempfield. He allegedly set the fire in a plastic garbage can in the front walkway of a Grapeville residence, according to police.
He was sentenced to one year of probation in January in that case.
Renatta Signorini is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-837-5374 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Latrobe woman dies after cigarette lit her couch on fire
- Yukon pet shelter, ex-leader battle over electricity shutoff
- Judge OKs testimony of former Honduran orphan in priest abuse case
- Greensburg Salem football game celebrates late coach Williams, historian Kaufman
- Tree falls into house in Hempfield, injuring 1
- Youngwood teenager to be tried in juvenile court in stabbing case
- Four Kiski Area students involved in bus accident ‘fine’
- Police seek 2 in Derry Twp. luring attempt
- Inmate charged with smuggling drugs into Westmoreland prison
- 2 arrested after Jeannette raid turns up heroin, crack, gun
- Two Westmoreland men charged with drug possession