Girl reports luring attempt in Derry Township
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Tuesday, July 2, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
A man riding a red, 10-speed bicycle allegedly attempted to lure a 12-year-old girl at a Derry Township car wash Saturday.
State police said the man approached the girl about 10:45 a.m. and “asked if she wanted a ride.” When the girl ran away, the man fled.
The man is described as about 6 feet tall, weighing between 150 and 160 pounds. He had red hair that was pulled into a ponytail and was wearing glasses.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Wilkinsburg man jailed in heroin overdose case
- Judge to Cook Township drug suspect: Get new friends
- Westmoreland man’s walk in Niagara Falls State Park wasn’t allowed, police say
- Mt. Pleasant’s St. Pius X serves up Lenten meals
- Murrysville police will get raises in 5-year pact
- Safety council honors mail carrier hours before milk truck wrecks Hempfield home
- Greensburg Salem raising funds for fitness equipment
- Homicide charge added in Derry death
- Pittsburgh man charged with threat to witness
- Tentative plea deal with Westmoreland drivers reached in turnpike toll fraud
- Police charge New Alexandria man with using counterfeit money