Fourth of July celebrations planned
These Fourth of July celebrations are planned:
Alverton: Fireworks will begin about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Republic Services landfill.
Apollo: Activities on Thursday at Owens Field will include NFL Punt, Pass and Kick Competition at 3 p.m.; salute to the armed forces at 7 p.m.; and fireworks at 10 p.m.
Connellsville: A celebration at 6 p.m. Wednesday on Arch Street (in front of City Hall) will feature food and information booths, children's activities and entertainment. Fireworks are planned for 9:30 p.m.
Masontown: Festivities on Thursday in Masontown German Park will begin with a flag ceremony at 9:30 a.m., followed by children's races, softball tournament, vendors and entertainment. Fireworks are scheduled for 9:30 p.m.
Latrobe: Midway activities are set for 5 to 10 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday in Legion Keener Park. A parade will begin at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at Irving Avenue and Ligonier Street, and proceed through downtown. The midway will open at 1 p.m., with a horseshoe-pitching contest set for 2 p.m. Fireworks over the park will begin at 10 p.m. , with a rain date set for 9:30 p.m. Saturday, if necessary. Bingo and entertainment are planned daily.
Ligonier Township: Fireworks will begin at 10 p.m. Thursday, weather permitting, at Idlewild and SoakZone.
Mt. Pleasant: Party in the Park will begin between 5:30 and 6 p.m. Wednesday in Veterans Park. Vendors and a face painter will be on hand. Music by Switch is planned for 7 to 10:15 p.m. in the gazebo, followed by a laser show and fireworks.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Demolition project at Oliver’s Pourhouse in Greensburg moves forward
- Home of LeNature’s exec up for sale
- Judge dismisses Latrobe man’s appeal in ’08 strangulation
- Ligonier Township residents concerned about hydraulic fracturing amid draft zoning ordinance
- Ligonier man’s sentences for slayings upheld
- Fire at Westmoreland prison extinguished
- Westmoreland may sell two-thirds of fleet, start leasing in cost-saving plan
- Police: Deer rifle in vehicle at Southmoreland High School
- Route 981 sewage project could cost less
- Westmoreland County judge denies appeal of convicted wife killer
- Jacobs Creek woman guilty in murder attempt