Norwin picks athletic director
Brandon Rapp will lead Norwin School District's athletic programming this school year.
School directors during a special meeting on Wednesday hired Rapp as director of athletics and student activities at a $68,000 salary. The board voted 6-0 with members Jerry O'Donnell, Thomas Sturm and Barbara Viola absent.
Rapp's start date has not yet been determined, though human resources director Thomas Wrobleski said he hopes Rapp will begin within the next two or three weeks.
“I was immediately drawn to the opportunity of becoming a member of the Norwin family,” Rapp wrote in his application for the job.
Rapp served three years as director of athletics/director of transportation at Derry Area School District. At Derry, Rapp wrote, athletes earned accolades in state, western Pennsylvania and section championships.
Before his work at Derry, Rapp worked for Redbank Valley Athletic Department and for the Clarion County YMCA. He has experience coaching high school football.
He's a Registered Athletic Administrator and a Slippery Rock University graduate.
The board had previously hired North Catholic athletic director Mike Burrell for the position at $55,000. But, officials said, Burrell chose not to take the job, opting instead to stay at North Catholic.
In the meantime, board members hired Jeffrey A. Palm, athletic assistant, as interim director of athletics and student activities. He'll manage the daily operations of the athletic office and a summer recreation program at an hourly rate of $27.50 until Rapp begins the job.
Rossilynne Skena is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-836-6646 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New Alexandria tree trimmer pleads guilty to fraud
- Rostraver Democrat aims for 1 of 3 open spots on Westmoreland County bench
- Westmoreland County settles with fired public defender
- Endowment of $3.49B makes University of Pittsburgh 25th richest in U.S.
- Braddock man held for trial in Jeannette assault, robbery
- Suspect in West Newton burglary sought, alleged accomplice arrested
- Three injured in two-vehicle accident on Arona Road in Hempfield
- ‘Murder on the Nile’ at Geyer this weekend
- Ligonier planners recommend approval of restaurant proposal
- Brownsville pair allegedly embezzle from law firm
- WCCC officials vow to erase $2.2M deficit