Indiana County motorcycle crash victim identified
The Indiana County Coroner's Office has identified the victim of a fatal motorcycle accident that occurred Sunday.
Kelly Jo Pape of 8549 Route 217 was killed when the motorcycle on which she was riding collided with a deer, the coroner's office reported.
James J. Seelig of Gulf Breeze, Fla., was driving a Yamaha motorcycle south on Route 217 near the intersection with Hill Road when his bike struck a deer and he lost control of it, according to the coroner's office. Both Seelig and his female passenger were thrown from the motorcycle. Seelig was critically injured in the crash.
Pape was pronounced dead at the scene at 9:07 p.m. She suffered blunt-force trauma to the head, Chief Deputy Coroner Jerry Overman said. She was wearing a helmet.
An autopsy was scheduled for Monday at Memorial Medical Center in Johnstown.
Seelig was taken by medical helicopter to Memorial Medical Center, where he remains in critical condition, according to a nursing supervisor.
State police from the Indiana barracks are investigating the accident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- H&M to open in Westmoreland Mall
- Greensburg still fighting waterlogged Lynch Field, may add drainage
- Witnesses recount Franklin Regional stabbing
- Municipal Authority of Westmoreland County, Youngwood discuss sewage system sale
- Youngwood officials defend rules for rentals
- Trio of concerts to mark Greensburg’s holiday season
- Sounds of Christmas coming to Fay-West region
- Westmoreland County, Mt. Pleasant Borough officials try to solve Willow parking issue
- Westmoreland County Judge Regoli has 5 days to decide on whether he’ll ask for recount
- Bill to name interchange for fallen Youngwood firefighter advances
- Salvation Army raises goals for Red Kettle campaigns in Westmoreland