Indiana County motorcycle crash victim identified
The Indiana County Coroner's Office has identified the victim of a fatal motorcycle accident that occurred Sunday.
Kelly Jo Pape of 8549 Route 217 was killed when the motorcycle on which she was riding collided with a deer, the coroner's office reported.
James J. Seelig of Gulf Breeze, Fla., was driving a Yamaha motorcycle south on Route 217 near the intersection with Hill Road when his bike struck a deer and he lost control of it, according to the coroner's office. Both Seelig and his female passenger were thrown from the motorcycle. Seelig was critically injured in the crash.
Pape was pronounced dead at the scene at 9:07 p.m. She suffered blunt-force trauma to the head, Chief Deputy Coroner Jerry Overman said. She was wearing a helmet.
An autopsy was scheduled for Monday at Memorial Medical Center in Johnstown.
Seelig was taken by medical helicopter to Memorial Medical Center, where he remains in critical condition, according to a nursing supervisor.
State police from the Indiana barracks are investigating the accident.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Norwin band director is finding lots of success in return to his alma mater
- Jeannette company’s miniature steam engines coveted for decades
- Project to tear down former Jeannette District Memorial Hospital on schedule, Excela says
- Westmoreland County furloughs weights and measurements director
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- Mt. Pleasant man charged with unlawful restraint
- Judge dismisses Latrobe man’s appeal in ’08 strangulation
- Demolition project at Oliver’s Pourhouse in Greensburg moves ahead
- United Way surplus funds benefit 9 nonprofits in Westmoreland County
- Penn Township homemaker to seek district judge position
- Westmoreland County judge denies appeal of convicted wife killer