Indiana County motorcycle crash victim identified
The Indiana County Coroner's Office has identified the victim of a fatal motorcycle accident that occurred Sunday.
Kelly Jo Pape of 8549 Route 217 was killed when the motorcycle on which she was riding collided with a deer, the coroner's office reported.
James J. Seelig of Gulf Breeze, Fla., was driving a Yamaha motorcycle south on Route 217 near the intersection with Hill Road when his bike struck a deer and he lost control of it, according to the coroner's office. Both Seelig and his female passenger were thrown from the motorcycle. Seelig was critically injured in the crash.
Pape was pronounced dead at the scene at 9:07 p.m. She suffered blunt-force trauma to the head, Chief Deputy Coroner Jerry Overman said. She was wearing a helmet.
An autopsy was scheduled for Monday at Memorial Medical Center in Johnstown.
Seelig was taken by medical helicopter to Memorial Medical Center, where he remains in critical condition, according to a nursing supervisor.
State police from the Indiana barracks are investigating the accident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police look for Derry driver who crashed into house
- Western Pa. Operation Nighthawk traffic patrol yields 38 arrests
- New Stanton to craft comprehensive plan to prove borough ‘more than’ turnpike exit
- Mt. Pleasant police chief Ober retires
- Monessen man’s homicide trial set
- Expectant mother from Jeannette told she’ll have to stay in custody
- Lawyer claims medical issues kept Sewickley Township man from contempt hearing
- Radiation measuring device triggered by load at Yukon facility
- Former Jeannette man sentenced for claw hammer attack
- North Huntingdon man pleads guilty in road rage case
- Victims sue North Fayette bar, gunman, mother in fatal shooting