Indiana County motorcycle crash victim identified
The Indiana County Coroner's Office has identified the victim of a fatal motorcycle accident that occurred Sunday.
Kelly Jo Pape of 8549 Route 217 was killed when the motorcycle on which she was riding collided with a deer, the coroner's office reported.
James J. Seelig of Gulf Breeze, Fla., was driving a Yamaha motorcycle south on Route 217 near the intersection with Hill Road when his bike struck a deer and he lost control of it, according to the coroner's office. Both Seelig and his female passenger were thrown from the motorcycle. Seelig was critically injured in the crash.
Pape was pronounced dead at the scene at 9:07 p.m. She suffered blunt-force trauma to the head, Chief Deputy Coroner Jerry Overman said. She was wearing a helmet.
An autopsy was scheduled for Monday at Memorial Medical Center in Johnstown.
Seelig was taken by medical helicopter to Memorial Medical Center, where he remains in critical condition, according to a nursing supervisor.
State police from the Indiana barracks are investigating the accident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fund set up for 4-year-old Meyersdale girl’s final expenses
- Herminie woman, 18, dies after car accident in Turkeytown
- State police trooper seriously hurt when hit by vehicle in East Huntingdon
- Razing of Monsour Medical Center in Jeannette within reach with $1M grant
- Westmoreland County to auction guns, vehicles
- Greensburg torture killer seeks reduction in sentence
- Hribal’s attorney seeks to push back trial
- Westmoreland County Historical Society honors late Tribune-Review publisher Scaife, Fort Ligonier trustee emeritus Fagan
- Fire marshal rules Derry mobile home fire was accidental
- Herminie man admits 1 robbery at ATM
- Laurel Art Club to meet at Scottdale library