Plum man admits to attacking girlfriend at Washington Twp. gas station
A Plum man pleaded guilty on Wednesday in connection with assaults on two women, including an incident in which he rammed a Washington Township gas station where his ex-girlfriend was working.
David Dwayne Cass Jr., 23, was sentenced to 57 days to 23 months and a concurrent term of two years of probation. He was immediately paroled and ordered by Judge John E. Blahovec to complete anger-management classes.
Cass admitted to assaulting his ex-girlfriend April 9 inside the Fueland BP station on Route 380 while she was working, according to court records.
When the woman locked Cass out of the store and called 911, Cass backed up his vehicle, then drove it into the building's door.
Police said Cass jumped out of the car, entered the station, then punched the woman in the face and slammed her head off of the floor.
Cass was apprehended a mile away from the station. He later posted $5,000 bail.
On May 8, Cass punched and threatened a new girlfriend in Jeannette after an unknown man called her cell phone, which Cass was borrowing.
His bond for the April incident was revoked and he was committed to the Westmoreland County Prison.
Cass pleaded guilty Wednesday to simple assault, criminal mischief, reckless endangerment and reckless driving in the April case and simple assault in the May case.
Renatta Signorini is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-837-5374 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Westmoreland County adds 5 caseworker positions as child abuse cases increase
- Delmont man blogs about industrial history of region, exploring long-cold coke ovens
- New Year’s Eve sales set LCB record
- PennDOT has to complete acquisition of 4 parcels, take down trees for New Stanton interchange on I-70
- Youngwood officials to submit drawings to state agency that orders playground work stoppage
- Greensburg YMCA plans to restore front porch to 1913 look
- Woman injured in fire at Jeannette home
- Bids expected for demolition of Monsour Medical Center in Jeannette
- Latrobe police seek driver of red cargo van
- Man’s body found in car in Forbes State Forest
- Body found in North Huntingdon