Plum man admits to attacking girlfriend at Washington Twp. gas station
A Plum man pleaded guilty on Wednesday in connection with assaults on two women, including an incident in which he rammed a Washington Township gas station where his ex-girlfriend was working.
David Dwayne Cass Jr., 23, was sentenced to 57 days to 23 months and a concurrent term of two years of probation. He was immediately paroled and ordered by Judge John E. Blahovec to complete anger-management classes.
Cass admitted to assaulting his ex-girlfriend April 9 inside the Fueland BP station on Route 380 while she was working, according to court records.
When the woman locked Cass out of the store and called 911, Cass backed up his vehicle, then drove it into the building's door.
Police said Cass jumped out of the car, entered the station, then punched the woman in the face and slammed her head off of the floor.
Cass was apprehended a mile away from the station. He later posted $5,000 bail.
On May 8, Cass punched and threatened a new girlfriend in Jeannette after an unknown man called her cell phone, which Cass was borrowing.
His bond for the April incident was revoked and he was committed to the Westmoreland County Prison.
Cass pleaded guilty Wednesday to simple assault, criminal mischief, reckless endangerment and reckless driving in the April case and simple assault in the May case.
Renatta Signorini is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-837-5374 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hempfield woman donates music inspired by WWI ‘doughnut girls’
- Facelift approved for historic La Rose building in Greensburg
- Jewish congregations dwindling, forced to mull viability of worship sites
- Former Jeannette coach held for trial on charges of assault on teen girls
- Hempfield woman seriously injured in crash
- Purple Heart recipient Krinock to lead July Fourth parade in Latrobe
- Hempfield bicyclist gets one last chance from Westmoreland County judge
- Independence Day events for Westmoreland County
- Smithton man gets 6-12 years for robbery in Jeannette
- State Supreme Court rejects latest Foxley Farm appeal in Ligonier Township dispute
- Rival Westmoreland vape shops develop own specialties