Manor mother accused of tossing baby, dropping boy
A mother is being accused of throwing her 5-month-old daughter at police and dropping her 2-year-old son on the floor after police and children's bureau workers attempted to take custody of the children.
Heather Bruno, 35, is charged with three counts each of endangering the welfare of children and reckless endangerment and two counts of simple assault in the June incident.
Borough police were called to her residence and found her husband, Thomas Bruno, 37, passed out in a van with the 2-year-old in the passenger seat. Thomas Bruno was taken to a hospital for treatment because he had ingested pills that weren't prescribed to him, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Police remained at the home and contacted the county children's bureau after Heather Bruno allegedly became uncooperative, according to the affidavit. Once police advised her they were taking custody of the children, Bruno allegedly threw the infant at a police officer and then dropped the 2-year-old onto the floor from a waist-high level. An officer was able to catch the baby.
Thomas Bruno is charged with endangering the welfare of children and reckless endangerment.
Preliminary hearings for both are scheduled for Aug. 6 before District Judge Helen Kistler.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Derry Twp. crash
- Harhai campaign emails from 2007 under review, Westmoreland County DA says
- Latrobe group cancels raffle, seeks ticket holders for refunds
- Stewartsville principal’s comments taken out of context, district claims
- Ligonier Township considers cellphone tower requests
- Energy company responsible for polluting Donegal well appeals state’s finding
- Southmoreland High School junior’s broken jaw ‘could have been avoided’
- Former Pagans leader works out plea agreement
- 2 suspects charged with second robbery in Hempfield
- Woman charged with assault spree in Jeannette
- Police investigate Hempfield fight