Manor mother accused of tossing baby, dropping boy
A mother is being accused of throwing her 5-month-old daughter at police and dropping her 2-year-old son on the floor after police and children's bureau workers attempted to take custody of the children.
Heather Bruno, 35, is charged with three counts each of endangering the welfare of children and reckless endangerment and two counts of simple assault in the June incident.
Borough police were called to her residence and found her husband, Thomas Bruno, 37, passed out in a van with the 2-year-old in the passenger seat. Thomas Bruno was taken to a hospital for treatment because he had ingested pills that weren't prescribed to him, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Police remained at the home and contacted the county children's bureau after Heather Bruno allegedly became uncooperative, according to the affidavit. Once police advised her they were taking custody of the children, Bruno allegedly threw the infant at a police officer and then dropped the 2-year-old onto the floor from a waist-high level. An officer was able to catch the baby.
Thomas Bruno is charged with endangering the welfare of children and reckless endangerment.
Preliminary hearings for both are scheduled for Aug. 6 before District Judge Helen Kistler.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- Hempfield killer Stahl ordered to pay for slain wife’s funeral
- DNA evidence in alleged June 2013 rape leads to Latrobe man’s arrest
- Mt. Pleasant residents voice support for Zilli as borough police chief
- East Huntingdon man, 91, finds 2nd career as a woodworker
- Westmoreland prison online visit program delayed again
- Westmoreland group gets pet oxygen masks for area fire departments
- Police: Trafford couple used website to advertise prostitution services
- Scottdale appoints borough solicitor
- Latrobe police officer sues councilman, city for slander
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap