Westmoreland commissioners OK contract, raises for county detectives
Westmoreland County commissioners on Monday ratified a four-year contract for county detectives.
The labor deal calls for the 13 detectives who work in the District Attorney's Office to receive annual raises of 2 percent.
The contract, which is retroactive to the start of last year, runs through 2015.
Commissioners earlier this year awarded 2.2 percent raises to the county's nonunionized work force. Commissioners and other elected officials this year received a 2.2 percent cost-of-living raise.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Project to tear down former Jeannette District Memorial Hospital on schedule, Excela says
- Norwin band director is finding lots of success in return to his alma mater
- Jeannette company’s miniature steam engines coveted for decades
- Westmoreland County furloughs weights and measurements director
- United Way surplus funds benefit 9 nonprofits in Westmoreland County
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- Mt. Pleasant man charged with unlawful restraint
- Youngwood fire department reaches out to homeless family
- Arbitration decides Westmoreland court workers’ pact
- Hempfield leaders kill zoning request for townhomes
- Judge dismisses Latrobe man’s appeal in ’08 strangulation