Westmoreland commissioners OK contract, raises for county detectives
Westmoreland County commissioners on Monday ratified a four-year contract for county detectives.
The labor deal calls for the 13 detectives who work in the District Attorney's Office to receive annual raises of 2 percent.
The contract, which is retroactive to the start of last year, runs through 2015.
Commissioners earlier this year awarded 2.2 percent raises to the county's nonunionized work force. Commissioners and other elected officials this year received a 2.2 percent cost-of-living raise.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police on hunt for suspects in unrelated Penn Township, Manor cases
- Food drive volunteer in Westmoreland County has purse stolen
- Families welcome new members on Adoption Day in Westmoreland County
- Walker: Applebees to help Jacobs Creek Area Faith in Action
- Westmoreland County, state AG to get funds from illegal lottery
- Jeannette man pleads guilty to attempting to entice child in Louisiana
- Fall fly-by: Blue Angels stop in Unity to discuss 2015 show
- Central Westmoreland Career and Technology students may have hand, foot and mouth disease
- New Stanton council hikes garbage fees to $13.65 per month
- Ex-youth group volunteer from Monroeville indicted on child pornography charges
- West Newton will consider temporary road after train accident cut off neighborhood