Westmoreland commissioners OK contract, raises for county detectives
Westmoreland County commissioners on Monday ratified a four-year contract for county detectives.
The labor deal calls for the 13 detectives who work in the District Attorney's Office to receive annual raises of 2 percent.
The contract, which is retroactive to the start of last year, runs through 2015.
Commissioners earlier this year awarded 2.2 percent raises to the county's nonunionized work force. Commissioners and other elected officials this year received a 2.2 percent cost-of-living raise.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- 2 accused of taking baby to New Kensington drug deal get probation
- Tanker crash closes lane of Turnpike in Penn Township
- Electricity deal eyed for Latrobe
- Bids expected for demolition of Monsour Medical Center in Jeannette
- Westmoreland County Prison visitation goes digital
- Ligonier planners recommend approval of restaurant proposal
- Hempfield votes to fill public works job with interim director Cisco
- ‘Murder on the Nile’ at Geyer this weekend
- New Year’s Eve sales set LCB record
- Veterans Court in session in Westmoreland for first time