Greensburg man pleads guilty to sex charges
A Greensburg man pleaded guilty Wednesday to having child pornography on his home computer and having inappropriate sexual contact with co-workers earlier this year.
Frank Adams Jr., 22, was sentenced to four years' probation for inappropriate contact at work with three fellow employees but he is expected to spend up to 23 months in jail for the unrelated pornography charges.
According to court records, police found a six-minute online video that they traced to Adams' home computer. A subsequent search of the computer in October 2011 found as many as 50 videos of children in sexual acts. Some of the videos depicted children as young as 7, according to police.
In court Wednesday, Adams pleaded guilty to three charges related to possession and dissemination of the pornographic videos.
Assistant District Attorney John Petrush said the plea bargain, which included an agreement by the prosecution to drop 125 additional child pornography counts, calls for Adams to be sentenced to 6 to 23 months in jail and serve 14 years on probation.
Adams will be formally sentenced by Westmoreland County Judge Rita Hathaway for the child pornography convictions in about three months after he undergoes an evaluation by the state Sex Offenders Assessment Board to determine if he is a sexually violent predator.
Adams started serving his probation sentence for the indecent assault cases on Wednesday.
Police said he that in November 2011, Adams came up from behind three female co-workers and grabbed their breasts. According to court records Adams pulled on their hips and thrust his pelvis toward their bodies.
According to court records, Adams admitted to police he participated in those actions. “He did not realize anyone was offended and that he was just joking around,” according to police.
Rich Cholodofsky is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hookah bar on tap for Greensburg
- Ex-Milwaukee archbishop told he can’t spend final days at St. Vincent Archabbey
- Greensburg pawn shop aids in arrest of home repair scam suspect
- Walker: Latrobe gets ready to welcome Steelers back to camp
- PennDOT to stabilize rock slide along Penn Adamsburg Road in Hempfield
- 3 identified in Route 66 crash near Delmont
- Greensburg man charged with assaulting hospital guard
- State grant to aid Excela plans for orthopedic center in Hempfield
- Baggaley school principal seeks volunteers to build playground
- Jeannette resident, 83, no longer teaches dance, still shows how it’s done
- Westmoreland County Prison to start video visits