Greensburg man pleads guilty to sex charges
By Rich Cholodofsky
Published: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 8:37 p.m.
A Greensburg man pleaded guilty Wednesday to having child pornography on his home computer and having inappropriate sexual contact with co-workers earlier this year.
Frank Adams Jr., 22, was sentenced to four years' probation for inappropriate contact at work with three fellow employees but he is expected to spend up to 23 months in jail for the unrelated pornography charges.
According to court records, police found a six-minute online video that they traced to Adams' home computer. A subsequent search of the computer in October 2011 found as many as 50 videos of children in sexual acts. Some of the videos depicted children as young as 7, according to police.
In court Wednesday, Adams pleaded guilty to three charges related to possession and dissemination of the pornographic videos.
Assistant District Attorney John Petrush said the plea bargain, which included an agreement by the prosecution to drop 125 additional child pornography counts, calls for Adams to be sentenced to 6 to 23 months in jail and serve 14 years on probation.
Adams will be formally sentenced by Westmoreland County Judge Rita Hathaway for the child pornography convictions in about three months after he undergoes an evaluation by the state Sex Offenders Assessment Board to determine if he is a sexually violent predator.
Adams started serving his probation sentence for the indecent assault cases on Wednesday.
Police said he that in November 2011, Adams came up from behind three female co-workers and grabbed their breasts. According to court records Adams pulled on their hips and thrust his pelvis toward their bodies.
According to court records, Adams admitted to police he participated in those actions. “He did not realize anyone was offended and that he was just joking around,” according to police.
Rich Cholodofsky is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- 4 Franklin Regional students remain hospitalized for stab wounds
- Youngwood woman charged with selling heroin in Greensburg hospital
- Mt. Pleasant to save with energy-efficient lighting
- Failed inspection could make Jeannette flood-control project more costly
- Scottdale center to host tribute to singing legends
- Westmoreland County shared ride program sees drop in usage
- Latrobe couple charged with shoving guard, stealing from Wal-Mart
- Juvenile prisoners present issues for jails
- Norvelt man’s art on display at Seton Hill University’s gallery
- None injured when car strikes school bus in Derry Township