Back to school bash set in Greensburg
The Greensburg Salvation Army will hold a “back to school bash” Aug. 17 for 200 qualifying Greensburg area students, commanding officer Dave Rhodes said.
The bash will be held 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the worship center at 131 E. Otterman St. and in St. Clair Park.
Free backpacks will be provided to children courtesy of First Baptist Church of Greensburg, Coventry Cares and the Salvation Army.
Westmoreland Empire Beauty School will provide haircuts, Smile dental program will offer dental cleanings, America's Best Vision will give vision screenings and the Westmoreland County Sheriff's department will offer fingerprinting.
A Greensburg fire truck will visit, and the Salvation Army will provide food.
The Greensburg YMCA, Coventry Cares, Westmoreland Christian Academy, Westmoreland County Girl Scouts and the Greensburg-Salem School District will sponsor informational booths.
Children must be pre-registered. Applications will be taken until Aug. 13. For more information, call the Greensburg Salvation Army at 724-834-3335, ext. 11.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Flight 93 memorial fire hints at struggle to safeguard historic artifacts
- The real Captain Phillips brings story of piracy to St. Vincent College
- DEP orders cleanup of former Jeannette Glass property to resume
- Route 217 bridge across Loyalhanna Creek reopens early
- Laurel Mountain State Park ski plans will go to Ligonier Township supervisors
- Southwest Greensburg man died of injuries in accident in Bell
- Former Ligonier Township supervisor accused of abusing position, viewing porn on the job
- Missing Southwest Greensburg man found dead at crash site in Bell
- Redstone gets $90K grant for safety upgrade
- Corbett rips Wolf tax proposals during Hempfield campaign stop
- Municipal Authority of Westmoreland County upgrades emergency communications plan