Back to school bash set in Greensburg
The Greensburg Salvation Army will hold a “back to school bash” Aug. 17 for 200 qualifying Greensburg area students, commanding officer Dave Rhodes said.
The bash will be held 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the worship center at 131 E. Otterman St. and in St. Clair Park.
Free backpacks will be provided to children courtesy of First Baptist Church of Greensburg, Coventry Cares and the Salvation Army.
Westmoreland Empire Beauty School will provide haircuts, Smile dental program will offer dental cleanings, America's Best Vision will give vision screenings and the Westmoreland County Sheriff's department will offer fingerprinting.
A Greensburg fire truck will visit, and the Salvation Army will provide food.
The Greensburg YMCA, Coventry Cares, Westmoreland Christian Academy, Westmoreland County Girl Scouts and the Greensburg-Salem School District will sponsor informational booths.
Children must be pre-registered. Applications will be taken until Aug. 13. For more information, call the Greensburg Salvation Army at 724-834-3335, ext. 11.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Latrobe infant found in filth, police say
- Fickle weather gives pumpkin growers in Pennsylvania fits
- East Deer man chastised by Westmoreland judge, paroled, released
- Officials criticize West Newton code enforcement officer
- Greensburg mayor race features write-in hopeful vs. businessman
- Man pleads guilty to assaulting girl, 14, in Westmoreland
- Hempfield woman bounces back from serious car crash
- Fire damages home in Greensburg
- Medical center ‘monstrosity’ near end in Jeannette
- Loaded gun found in carry-on at Arnold Palmer airport could cost passenger $7,000
- Westmoreland subsidy that helps finance Spirit Airlines draws scrutiny