Back to school bash set in Greensburg
The Greensburg Salvation Army will hold a “back to school bash” Aug. 17 for 200 qualifying Greensburg area students, commanding officer Dave Rhodes said.
The bash will be held 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the worship center at 131 E. Otterman St. and in St. Clair Park.
Free backpacks will be provided to children courtesy of First Baptist Church of Greensburg, Coventry Cares and the Salvation Army.
Westmoreland Empire Beauty School will provide haircuts, Smile dental program will offer dental cleanings, America's Best Vision will give vision screenings and the Westmoreland County Sheriff's department will offer fingerprinting.
A Greensburg fire truck will visit, and the Salvation Army will provide food.
The Greensburg YMCA, Coventry Cares, Westmoreland Christian Academy, Westmoreland County Girl Scouts and the Greensburg-Salem School District will sponsor informational booths.
Children must be pre-registered. Applications will be taken until Aug. 13. For more information, call the Greensburg Salvation Army at 724-834-3335, ext. 11.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Norwin band director is finding lots of success in return to his alma mater
- Project to tear down former Jeannette District Memorial Hospital on schedule, Excela says
- Jeannette company’s miniature steam engines coveted for decades
- Westmoreland County furloughs weights and measurements director
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- Hempfield leaders kill zoning request for townhomes
- Arbitration decides Westmoreland court workers’ pact
- Home of LeNature’s exec up for sale
- Mt. Pleasant man charged with unlawful restraint
- Plenty of ‘pain’ to share, as Westmoreland County budget OK’d with $8M in cuts
- Penn Township man who shot friend gets probation