Back to school bash set in Greensburg
The Greensburg Salvation Army will hold a “back to school bash” Aug. 17 for 200 qualifying Greensburg area students, commanding officer Dave Rhodes said.
The bash will be held 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the worship center at 131 E. Otterman St. and in St. Clair Park.
Free backpacks will be provided to children courtesy of First Baptist Church of Greensburg, Coventry Cares and the Salvation Army.
Westmoreland Empire Beauty School will provide haircuts, Smile dental program will offer dental cleanings, America's Best Vision will give vision screenings and the Westmoreland County Sheriff's department will offer fingerprinting.
A Greensburg fire truck will visit, and the Salvation Army will provide food.
The Greensburg YMCA, Coventry Cares, Westmoreland Christian Academy, Westmoreland County Girl Scouts and the Greensburg-Salem School District will sponsor informational booths.
Children must be pre-registered. Applications will be taken until Aug. 13. For more information, call the Greensburg Salvation Army at 724-834-3335, ext. 11.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mt. Pleasant-based author details area’s ‘Hidden History’
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Westmoreland, Fayette groups open doors to share Thanksgiving meals
- Woman admits to theft of 2 weapons in Latrobe shooting case
- Westmoreland, Fayette towns prepare to ring in holidays
- 20 charged in Western Pennsylvania drug crackdown
- Psychologist’s compassion buoyed students, friends
- Woman to stand trial in Jeannette tot’s death
- Man taken to hospital from scene of Hempfield house fire
- Westmoreland County sheriff won’t alter staffing as cash runs out
- Jeannette couple honored by AARP for tireless community service