Back to school bash set in Greensburg
The Greensburg Salvation Army will hold a “back to school bash” Aug. 17 for 200 qualifying Greensburg area students, commanding officer Dave Rhodes said.
The bash will be held 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the worship center at 131 E. Otterman St. and in St. Clair Park.
Free backpacks will be provided to children courtesy of First Baptist Church of Greensburg, Coventry Cares and the Salvation Army.
Westmoreland Empire Beauty School will provide haircuts, Smile dental program will offer dental cleanings, America's Best Vision will give vision screenings and the Westmoreland County Sheriff's department will offer fingerprinting.
A Greensburg fire truck will visit, and the Salvation Army will provide food.
The Greensburg YMCA, Coventry Cares, Westmoreland Christian Academy, Westmoreland County Girl Scouts and the Greensburg-Salem School District will sponsor informational booths.
Children must be pre-registered. Applications will be taken until Aug. 13. For more information, call the Greensburg Salvation Army at 724-834-3335, ext. 11.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Prison becomes detox center for growing number of inmates with addictions
- Westmoreland County Fair doubles as meet-and-greet for candidates
- Record-holding female motorcyclist to speak at Lincoln Highway event
- ‘Perfect’ skies draw big crowds to Westmoreland Fair
- Greensburg man charged with terroristic threats
- Man gets probation for sex with teen girl in New Kensington
- Franklin Regional stabbing suspect Hribal to head to adult prison after Oct. 1
- Excela Health has plan in works for orthopedic medical mall in Hempfield
- Children honor late Ligonier Township officer at Westmoreland Fair
- Mt. Pleasant Area board votes to establish $3.5M line of credit
- Hempfield prison film canceled because of Pa. budget impasse