Back to school bash set in Greensburg
The Greensburg Salvation Army will hold a “back to school bash” Aug. 17 for 200 qualifying Greensburg area students, commanding officer Dave Rhodes said.
The bash will be held 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the worship center at 131 E. Otterman St. and in St. Clair Park.
Free backpacks will be provided to children courtesy of First Baptist Church of Greensburg, Coventry Cares and the Salvation Army.
Westmoreland Empire Beauty School will provide haircuts, Smile dental program will offer dental cleanings, America's Best Vision will give vision screenings and the Westmoreland County Sheriff's department will offer fingerprinting.
A Greensburg fire truck will visit, and the Salvation Army will provide food.
The Greensburg YMCA, Coventry Cares, Westmoreland Christian Academy, Westmoreland County Girl Scouts and the Greensburg-Salem School District will sponsor informational booths.
Children must be pre-registered. Applications will be taken until Aug. 13. For more information, call the Greensburg Salvation Army at 724-834-3335, ext. 11.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mental health facility won’t take Franklin Regional stabbing suspect as patient
- Attorney seeks dismissal of charge in Salem wreck that killed mother, unborn child
- Police: Jeannette woman tried to steal family’s safe
- Fundraising under way for Indiana County newborn struck by stray bullet
- Thousands attend Mt. Pleasant Glass and Ethnic Festival
- Greensburg artist follows unusual path to creative career
- Hribal will be transferred to Allegheny County psychiatric facility
- No relief in sight for Westmoreland transit passengers
- Weekend event in Latrobe offers opportunity for adoptions
- Glengarry will hold on to tradition as clubhouse renovated
- Auto restorer charged with taking parts from Unity man’s car