Back to school bash set in Greensburg
The Greensburg Salvation Army will hold a “back to school bash” Aug. 17 for 200 qualifying Greensburg area students, commanding officer Dave Rhodes said.
The bash will be held 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the worship center at 131 E. Otterman St. and in St. Clair Park.
Free backpacks will be provided to children courtesy of First Baptist Church of Greensburg, Coventry Cares and the Salvation Army.
Westmoreland Empire Beauty School will provide haircuts, Smile dental program will offer dental cleanings, America's Best Vision will give vision screenings and the Westmoreland County Sheriff's department will offer fingerprinting.
A Greensburg fire truck will visit, and the Salvation Army will provide food.
The Greensburg YMCA, Coventry Cares, Westmoreland Christian Academy, Westmoreland County Girl Scouts and the Greensburg-Salem School District will sponsor informational booths.
Children must be pre-registered. Applications will be taken until Aug. 13. For more information, call the Greensburg Salvation Army at 724-834-3335, ext. 11.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- Ligonier planners recommend approval of restaurant proposal
- Veterans Court in session in Westmoreland for first time
- New Year’s Eve sales set LCB record
- Westmoreland County Prison visitation goes digital
- Hempfield votes to fill public works job with interim director Cisco
- Brownsville pair allegedly embezzle from law firm
- Youngwood officials to submit drawings to state agency that orders playground work stoppage
- Delmont man blogs about industrial history of region, exploring long-cold coke ovens
- PennDOT has to complete acquisition of 4 parcels, take down trees for New Stanton interchange on I-70
- Man’s body found in car in Forbes State Forest