Hempfield ATV crash injures young woman
A woman was flown from the scene of an all-terrain vehicle accident in Hempfield Friday evening.
A dispatcher from the Westmoreland Department of Public Safety said the woman was injured in an accident along Middletown Road just after 8 p.m.
The dispatcher said the victim was female and young. She was conscious as paramedics treated her.
Personnel from Fort Allen responded.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- 3 face charges for drugs, weapons after arrest in North Huntingdon
- Mt. Pleasant festival expected to be bigger, better than ever
- Man takes rifle from Jeannette police car
- Identities of theft suspects sought by Penn Township and state police
- Pollution may be cause of sky’s colored streaks in Westmoreland
- Westmoreland judge: Contact with advocacy group won’t hamper fairness in drug trial
- Grant program targets 7 Westmoreland County towns, including Greensburg, for revitalization
- Girl, 8, hit by truck in North Irwin, breaks leg
- Latrobe-Unity parks department seeks grant; revamp to cost $112K
- Machine operator avoids serious injuries in accident in North Huntingdon
- Former Pagans leader works out plea agreement