Hempfield ATV crash injures young woman
A woman was flown from the scene of an all-terrain vehicle accident in Hempfield Friday evening.
A dispatcher from the Westmoreland Department of Public Safety said the woman was injured in an accident along Middletown Road just after 8 p.m.
The dispatcher said the victim was female and young. She was conscious as paramedics treated her.
Personnel from Fort Allen responded.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Confederate memorabilia gets favorable attention at Westmoreland Fair
- Franklin Regional stabbing suspect Hribal to head to adult prison after Oct. 1
- Westmoreland Fair queen eyes veterinary career
- Megan’s List offender charged with assault on 10-year-old Latrobe girl
- PennDOT outlines Route 119 plan
- Scottdale man charged in robbery at car wash
- Ligonier men claim arrests violated rights
- Westmoreland Manor fined $4,250 by state
- Painter sues Westmoreland County commissioner over payment
- Mt. Pleasant Area board votes to establish $3.5M line of credit
- 10-year-old Blairsville violinist’s expulsion over knife challenged