Latrobe man faces criminal charges in fatality
A Latrobe man faces criminal charges in a fatal motorcycle accident that occurred in May in the city.
Police said Robert Alan Foringer, 41, did not have a valid driver's license when his 1997 Ford Explorer rear-ended a motorcycle.
Foringer was arraigned Wednesday and lodged in the Westmoreland County Prison on $10,000 bail.
Charles D. Bancroft, 42, of Latrobe died when he was thrown from the motorcycle while traveling north along Ligonier Street at about 2:30 p.m. on May 17.
Foringer's attorney, Richard Galloway, did not return a message seeking comment on Wednesday.
Foringer was traveling 48 mph in a 25 mph zone on Ligonier Street when he allegedly struck Bancroft's motorcycle from behind, according to an affidavit of probable cause filed on Tuesday by city police.
Police said Bancroft had slowed to make a left turn onto Avenue B.
“Foringer stated that he was unable to react in time and struck the rear of (the motorcycle),” Officer Michael Wigand wrote in the affidavit.
Following the collision, the Ford Explorer crashed into the front porch of 2418 Ligonier St.
Foringer faces felony charges of homicide by vehicle and accidents involving death while not licensed and six summary offenses, including speeding, reckless driving and driving without a valid license.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Sept. 18 before District Judge Michael Mahady.
Renatta Signorini is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-837-5374 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Harhai campaign emails from 2007 under review, Westmoreland County DA says
- Energy company responsible for polluting Donegal well appeals state’s finding
- Expansion in works for Mt. Pleasant Glass Museum
- Former Pagans leader works out plea agreement
- 40-year-old Latrobe woman used boy, 13, for sex, drugs, police say
- 2 suspects charged with second robbery in Hempfield
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Derry Twp. crash
- Latrobe group cancels raffle, seeks ticket holders for refunds
- Bicyclist injured in collision with construction vehicle
- Ligonier Township considers cellphone tower requests
- Woman charged with assault spree in Jeannette