Homicide under investigation
State police at Belle Vernon early Tuesday were investigating a homicide at a house along Route 31 near Ruffsdale.
A body was covered with a sheet at the top of the driveway of a house in the 500 block of Route 31 in South Huntingdon, close to the border with East Huntingdon. The body was a few feet from the detached garage and a recreational vehicle. Police investigators cordoned off the crime scene with a tape around the house and garage.
A state police trooper at the scene said there was no continuing public safety issue in connection with the crime. State police did not divulge any details about the murder.
A Westmoreland County deputy coroner was dispatched to the scene, but no additional information was available early Tuesday morning, Deputy Coroner Timothy P. O'Donnell said.
The identities of the residents of the house were not available early Tuesday morning.
Neighbors who watched state police investigate the murder scene declined to comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- Mt. Pleasant alumni lead campaign to buy handicapped-accessible van for former classmate
- Latrobe law firm’s secretary pleads guilty to income tax evasion
- Chemical mix sickens two from South Greensburg
- Dog-training program gives prison inmates chance to give back
- Trio holds up Penn couple at gunpoint in home
- Man admits preying on Lower Burrell neighbor, taking more than $100K in money, goods
- Franklin Regional security guard fighting to get job back