Homicide under investigation
State police at Belle Vernon early Tuesday were investigating a homicide at a house along Route 31 near Ruffsdale.
A body was covered with a sheet at the top of the driveway of a house in the 500 block of Route 31 in South Huntingdon, close to the border with East Huntingdon. The body was a few feet from the detached garage and a recreational vehicle. Police investigators cordoned off the crime scene with a tape around the house and garage.
A state police trooper at the scene said there was no continuing public safety issue in connection with the crime. State police did not divulge any details about the murder.
A Westmoreland County deputy coroner was dispatched to the scene, but no additional information was available early Tuesday morning, Deputy Coroner Timothy P. O'Donnell said.
The identities of the residents of the house were not available early Tuesday morning.
Neighbors who watched state police investigate the murder scene declined to comment.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Norwin band director is finding lots of success in return to his alma mater
- Project to tear down former Jeannette District Memorial Hospital on schedule, Excela says
- Jeannette company’s miniature steam engines coveted for decades
- Westmoreland County furloughs weights and measurements director
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- Hempfield leaders kill zoning request for townhomes
- Unity name excised from Latrobe parks, recreation
- Penn Township man who shot friend gets probation
- United Way surplus funds benefit 9 nonprofits in Westmoreland County
- 11 Westmoreland inmates accused of setting fire put in solitary confinement
- Ligonier Township residents concerned about hydraulic fracturing amid draft zoning ordinance