Homicide under investigation
State police at Belle Vernon early Tuesday were investigating a homicide at a house along Route 31 near Ruffsdale.
A body was covered with a sheet at the top of the driveway of a house in the 500 block of Route 31 in South Huntingdon, close to the border with East Huntingdon. The body was a few feet from the detached garage and a recreational vehicle. Police investigators cordoned off the crime scene with a tape around the house and garage.
A state police trooper at the scene said there was no continuing public safety issue in connection with the crime. State police did not divulge any details about the murder.
A Westmoreland County deputy coroner was dispatched to the scene, but no additional information was available early Tuesday morning, Deputy Coroner Timothy P. O'Donnell said.
The identities of the residents of the house were not available early Tuesday morning.
Neighbors who watched state police investigate the murder scene declined to comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 2 Hempfield Area students charged with sexting
- Murrysville woman apologizes for scholarship fund theft
- Donors’ generosity allows Clairview School girls to get fancy for prom
- 2 charged with copper theft from Greensburg house
- Seton Hill student tells how Pa. Gov. Wolf’s tax plan will hurt her
- Police seek public help with East Huntingdon store thefts
- 2 Democrats battle for Hempfield nomination for supervisor
- Hempfield bicyclist who brought rock, knives into court office charged
- Georgia pair accused of jury duty phone scam in Pittsburgh likely behind attempted ones in Westmoreland
- Greensburg YMCA begins long-awaited porch renovation job
- Jeannette police say 5 people caught trespassing on grounds