Homicide under investigation
State police at Belle Vernon early Tuesday were investigating a homicide at a house along Route 31 near Ruffsdale.
A body was covered with a sheet at the top of the driveway of a house in the 500 block of Route 31 in South Huntingdon, close to the border with East Huntingdon. The body was a few feet from the detached garage and a recreational vehicle. Police investigators cordoned off the crime scene with a tape around the house and garage.
A state police trooper at the scene said there was no continuing public safety issue in connection with the crime. State police did not divulge any details about the murder.
A Westmoreland County deputy coroner was dispatched to the scene, but no additional information was available early Tuesday morning, Deputy Coroner Timothy P. O'Donnell said.
The identities of the residents of the house were not available early Tuesday morning.
Neighbors who watched state police investigate the murder scene declined to comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kennametal HQ relocation rankles Westmoreland County business leadership
- Ohio woman will be milestone passenger to fly out of Arnold Palmer Regional Airport
- Democrats go on offense in Westmoreland County commission debate
- Westmoreland County candidate admits to summary offenses
- Laurel Ridge rangers on watch for sexual misconduct in park
- Mt. Pleasant school board to discuss website plan
- Southmoreland directors to seek loan info from banks as state budget impasse continues
- Greensburg council expected to approve fire truck purchase
- Accuser lying, rape defendant testifies in Westmoreland County trial
- Westmoreland couple charged with having heroin, marijuana
- Grandparents’ bids for child custody imperiled