Homicide under investigation
State police at Belle Vernon early Tuesday were investigating a homicide at a house along Route 31 near Ruffsdale.
A body was covered with a sheet at the top of the driveway of a house in the 500 block of Route 31 in South Huntingdon, close to the border with East Huntingdon. The body was a few feet from the detached garage and a recreational vehicle. Police investigators cordoned off the crime scene with a tape around the house and garage.
A state police trooper at the scene said there was no continuing public safety issue in connection with the crime. State police did not divulge any details about the murder.
A Westmoreland County deputy coroner was dispatched to the scene, but no additional information was available early Tuesday morning, Deputy Coroner Timothy P. O'Donnell said.
The identities of the residents of the house were not available early Tuesday morning.
Neighbors who watched state police investigate the murder scene declined to comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 2 Greensburg properties left on demo list
- Contractor eyes early finish to work on New Stanton interchange of Interstate 70
- Greensburg streetlights to be updated, save city $90K
- Keystone Bakery closes Greensburg store
- $2,000 donated for abused puppies recovering at South Huntingdon shelter
- Jeannette trudges through blight
- Penn Park project moves forward
- Excela, Pitt-Greensburg team on legacy videos for those in twilight of lives
- Indiana County school employee allegedly showed 2 students an inappropriate photo
- School lunch group hopes to revise rules it calls impractical, too restrictive
- Western Pa. students bristle at changing menu choices