Police: Greensburg man on scooter beaten, robbed
A Greensburg man said he heard the bush rustle behind him, then felt a bag go over his head as he rode his motorized scooter early Saturday morning in Greensburg.
He said he realized he was being robbed, once the suspect or suspects knocked him off the scooter he uses to get around the city because of physical limitations.
Greensburg police are asking for the public's help to find the suspect or suspects involved in the robbery about 3:30 a.m. on Stark Avenue.
“They kept saying, over and over, ‘Your money, your money, your money, your money,'” the victim said in a telephone interview Monday. “They kept kicking me and punching me, and I was bleeding.”
The culprits took an unspecified amount of money from the man as well as his wallet, bank cards and a photo identification card, police said.
He was treated at Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital for a cut over his left eye, nasal fractures, abrasions all over his body and a swollen lip, authorities said.
Police ask anyone with information to call them at 724-834-3800.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ligonier Valley takes proactive financial steps amid state budget stalemate
- WCCC fraternity helps fallen Ligonier officer’s family
- Westmoreland County Common Pleas candidates differ on judicial retirement age
- Mt. Pleasant board looks at refinancing
- Police, the Diamond top Ligonier Borough issues
- Jeannette considers trash fee increases
- West Newton officials, code officer clear the air
- Greensburg council OKs purchase of firetruck
- State woos Kennametal with $1M in incentives to stay in Pa.
- 4 vie for 3 seats on Latrobe City Council
- Grandparents’ bids for child custody imperiled