Police: Greensburg man on scooter beaten, robbed
A Greensburg man said he heard the bush rustle behind him, then felt a bag go over his head as he rode his motorized scooter early Saturday morning in Greensburg.
He said he realized he was being robbed, once the suspect or suspects knocked him off the scooter he uses to get around the city because of physical limitations.
Greensburg police are asking for the public's help to find the suspect or suspects involved in the robbery about 3:30 a.m. on Stark Avenue.
“They kept saying, over and over, ‘Your money, your money, your money, your money,'” the victim said in a telephone interview Monday. “They kept kicking me and punching me, and I was bleeding.”
The culprits took an unspecified amount of money from the man as well as his wallet, bank cards and a photo identification card, police said.
He was treated at Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital for a cut over his left eye, nasal fractures, abrasions all over his body and a swollen lip, authorities said.
Police ask anyone with information to call them at 724-834-3800.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Latrobe law firm’s secretary pleads guilty to income tax evasion
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- Trio holds up Penn couple at gunpoint in home
- Chemical mix sickens two from South Greensburg
- Dog-training program gives prison inmates chance to give back
- St. Michael’s volunteers cook up festival delights
- Man admits preying on Lower Burrell neighbor, taking more than $100K in money, goods
- Hempfield approves prison site subdivision