North Huntingdon man sentenced for mail fraud conviction
A North Huntingdon man has been sentenced in federal court to three years probation and fined $10,000 for a mail fraud conviction.
Danny A. Patel, 46, of 11682 Dartmoor Drive, also faces eight months of house arrest with electronic monitoring and must pay $14,639 in restitution.
U.S. Attorney David J. Hickton Monday said Patel managed a BP gas station in McKeesport and filed false insurance claims to Harleysville Insurance related to a Dec. 25, 2011 accident at the station. According to Hickton, Patel admitted that he lied to the FBI and obstructed justice by asking witnesses to lie to FBI agents.
The sentence was handed down by U.S. District Judge Terrence F. McVerry, Hickton said. Assistant U.S. Attorney Robert S. Cessar prosecuted the case.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Flight 93 memorial fire hints at struggle to safeguard historic artifacts
- DEP orders cleanup of former Jeannette Glass property to resume
- Greater Latrobe teachers, school board approve 5-year contract
- Route 217 bridge across Loyalhanna Creek reopens early
- Southwest Greensburg man died of injuries in accident in Bell
- Hempfield killer Stahl ordered to pay for slain wife’s funeral
- Laurel Mountain ski plan needs more information, planners say
- Route 22 lane in Derry Township blocked after crash
- Westmoreland group gets pet oxygen masks for area fire departments
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- The real Captain Phillips brings story of piracy to St. Vincent College