North Huntingdon man sentenced for mail fraud conviction
A North Huntingdon man has been sentenced in federal court to three years probation and fined $10,000 for a mail fraud conviction.
Danny A. Patel, 46, of 11682 Dartmoor Drive, also faces eight months of house arrest with electronic monitoring and must pay $14,639 in restitution.
U.S. Attorney David J. Hickton Monday said Patel managed a BP gas station in McKeesport and filed false insurance claims to Harleysville Insurance related to a Dec. 25, 2011 accident at the station. According to Hickton, Patel admitted that he lied to the FBI and obstructed justice by asking witnesses to lie to FBI agents.
The sentence was handed down by U.S. District Judge Terrence F. McVerry, Hickton said. Assistant U.S. Attorney Robert S. Cessar prosecuted the case.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Project to tear down former Jeannette District Memorial Hospital on schedule, Excela says
- Norwin band director is finding lots of success in return to his alma mater
- Westmoreland County furloughs weights and measurements director
- Jeannette company’s miniature steam engines coveted for decades
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- Plenty of ‘pain’ to share, as Westmoreland County budget OK’d with $8M in cuts
- United Way surplus funds benefit 9 nonprofits in Westmoreland County
- Penn Township man who shot friend gets probation
- Hempfield leaders kill zoning request for townhomes
- Arbitration decides Westmoreland court workers’ pact
- Unity name excised from Latrobe parks, recreation