North Huntingdon man sentenced for mail fraud conviction
A North Huntingdon man has been sentenced in federal court to three years probation and fined $10,000 for a mail fraud conviction.
Danny A. Patel, 46, of 11682 Dartmoor Drive, also faces eight months of house arrest with electronic monitoring and must pay $14,639 in restitution.
U.S. Attorney David J. Hickton Monday said Patel managed a BP gas station in McKeesport and filed false insurance claims to Harleysville Insurance related to a Dec. 25, 2011 accident at the station. According to Hickton, Patel admitted that he lied to the FBI and obstructed justice by asking witnesses to lie to FBI agents.
The sentence was handed down by U.S. District Judge Terrence F. McVerry, Hickton said. Assistant U.S. Attorney Robert S. Cessar prosecuted the case.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Westmoreland judges’ caseloads unlikely to affect district boundary changes
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- Mt. Pleasant alumni lead campaign to buy handicapped-accessible van for former classmate
- Radiation measuring device triggered by load at Yukon facility
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Greater Latrobe-Laurel Valley Community Chamber of Commerce to honor Arnie’s pal ‘Doc’
- Chemical mix sickens two from South Greensburg
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- Dog-training program gives prison inmates chance to give back