North Huntingdon man sentenced for mail fraud conviction
A North Huntingdon man has been sentenced in federal court to three years probation and fined $10,000 for a mail fraud conviction.
Danny A. Patel, 46, of 11682 Dartmoor Drive, also faces eight months of house arrest with electronic monitoring and must pay $14,639 in restitution.
U.S. Attorney David J. Hickton Monday said Patel managed a BP gas station in McKeesport and filed false insurance claims to Harleysville Insurance related to a Dec. 25, 2011 accident at the station. According to Hickton, Patel admitted that he lied to the FBI and obstructed justice by asking witnesses to lie to FBI agents.
The sentence was handed down by U.S. District Judge Terrence F. McVerry, Hickton said. Assistant U.S. Attorney Robert S. Cessar prosecuted the case.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ligonier doctor’s appeal to practice rejected
- Foreign clergy mitigate shortage of priests in Diocese of Greensburg
- Laurel Mountain Ski Resort discusses planned revival
- Blaze guts South Greensburg home, kills 2 dogs
- Hempfield infant fights rare disease
- Pittsburgh man’s bid to delay trial rejected
- Lineup released for Greensburg concert series
- Southmoreland School District focused on growing population, boosting achievement among students
- Westmoreland officials fear loss of impact fees
- Fracking foes pack zoning discussion in Ligonier Township
- Women to stand trial in theft of drugs from Norwin Pharmacy