North Huntingdon man sentenced for mail fraud conviction
A North Huntingdon man has been sentenced in federal court to three years probation and fined $10,000 for a mail fraud conviction.
Danny A. Patel, 46, of 11682 Dartmoor Drive, also faces eight months of house arrest with electronic monitoring and must pay $14,639 in restitution.
U.S. Attorney David J. Hickton Monday said Patel managed a BP gas station in McKeesport and filed false insurance claims to Harleysville Insurance related to a Dec. 25, 2011 accident at the station. According to Hickton, Patel admitted that he lied to the FBI and obstructed justice by asking witnesses to lie to FBI agents.
The sentence was handed down by U.S. District Judge Terrence F. McVerry, Hickton said. Assistant U.S. Attorney Robert S. Cessar prosecuted the case.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- East Huntingdon man dies following police chase
- Police: Westmoreland woman forged painkiller prescriptions
- Search for pilot of ultralight aircraft to resume Thursday
- Westmoreland historical society honors efforts by Scaife, Fagan, Norwin group
- Scottdale’s Friends of the Library will meet tonight
- Knife-wielding man attacks 2 in Sheetz lot in Greensburg
- Groups sponsor candidates forum in Monessen
- Franklin Regional stabbing suspect could leave Pa. for treatment
- Police: Charges unwarranted for Yough shop class project
- Police: Jeannette woman tried to steal family’s safe
- Fundraising under way for Indiana County newborn struck by stray bullet