Mobile home fire blocks Business Route 66
Firefighters from five companies Monday night were on the scene of a mobile home fire north of Greensburg.
A dispatcher from the Westmoreland Department of Public Safety said the blaze was reported just before 10 p.m. at a structure along Business Route 66 at the intersection of Meadowlark Lane and Miller Road in Hempfield.
No injuries were reported.
The structure sustained heavy damage.
North Hempfield firefighters were assisted by several units from neighboring companies.
The highway was blocked by fire trucks used in fighting the fire.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Police: Deer rifle in vehicle at Southmoreland High School
- Route 981 sewage project could cost less
- Jacobs Creek woman guilty in murder attempt
- Hempfield man accused of threats against troopers
- Westmoreland County judge denies appeal of convicted wife killer
- Westmoreland may sell two-thirds of fleet, start leasing in cost-saving plan
- Ligonier man first in Pa. to own aluminum-body F-150
- Ligonier Township supervisors approve budget with no tax hike
- Film crew to shoot at Ligonier Diamond
- Former Westmoreland-Armstrong and Indiana chapter of Red Cross changes name
- Greensburg police Officer Scalzo commended for stopping suicide