Mobile home fire blocks Business Route 66
Firefighters from five companies Monday night were on the scene of a mobile home fire north of Greensburg.
A dispatcher from the Westmoreland Department of Public Safety said the blaze was reported just before 10 p.m. at a structure along Business Route 66 at the intersection of Meadowlark Lane and Miller Road in Hempfield.
No injuries were reported.
The structure sustained heavy damage.
North Hempfield firefighters were assisted by several units from neighboring companies.
The highway was blocked by fire trucks used in fighting the fire.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Westmoreland judges’ caseloads unlikely to affect district boundary changes
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- Mt. Pleasant alumni lead campaign to buy handicapped-accessible van for former classmate
- St. Michael’s volunteers cook up festival delights
- Dog-training program gives prison inmates chance to give back
- Franklin Regional security guard fighting to get job back
- Defense can see, not copy tape, Westmoreland County judge rules