Purse search turns up drugs at Westmoreland courthouse
A Unity woman was carrying marijuana, drug paraphernalia and pain medicine when she attempted to enter the Westmoreland County Courthouse complex earlier this month, county park police said.
Darlene M. Huffman, 51, has been charged with possessing a controlled substance, possessing a small amount of marijuana and possessing drug paraphernalia,
A park policeman, using an X-ray scanner, spotted a wooden pipe in Huffman's purse about 3:30 p.m. Aug. 5 at the main entrance to the courthouse complex, according to a criminal complaint.
He examined the contents of the purse and found a small amount of marijuana and several morphine pills, according to the complaint.
Huffman is free on $7,500 unsecured bond. Her preliminary hearing is scheduled for Sept. 5 before Greensburg District Judge James Albert.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Corbett, Wolf bring gubernatorial campaign to Greensburg
- Fay-West food banks feeling hunger pains
- The real Captain Phillips brings story of piracy to St. Vincent College
- Flight 93 memorial fire hints at struggle to safeguard historic artifacts
- Scottdale appoints borough solicitor
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Mt. Pleasant man injured when tractor hit by vehicle
- DEP orders cleanup of former Jeannette Glass property to resume
- DNA evidence in alleged June 2013 rape leads to Latrobe man’s arrest
- Second phase of Westmoreland Airpark in Unity opens
- Hempfield killer Stahl ordered to pay for slain wife’s funeral