Purse search turns up drugs at Westmoreland courthouse
A Unity woman was carrying marijuana, drug paraphernalia and pain medicine when she attempted to enter the Westmoreland County Courthouse complex earlier this month, county park police said.
Darlene M. Huffman, 51, has been charged with possessing a controlled substance, possessing a small amount of marijuana and possessing drug paraphernalia,
A park policeman, using an X-ray scanner, spotted a wooden pipe in Huffman's purse about 3:30 p.m. Aug. 5 at the main entrance to the courthouse complex, according to a criminal complaint.
He examined the contents of the purse and found a small amount of marijuana and several morphine pills, according to the complaint.
Huffman is free on $7,500 unsecured bond. Her preliminary hearing is scheduled for Sept. 5 before Greensburg District Judge James Albert.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- Penn Township man who shot friend gets probation
- Arbitration decides Westmoreland court workers’ pact
- United Way surplus funds benefit 9 nonprofits in Westmoreland County
- Plenty of ‘pain’ to share, as Westmoreland County budget OK’d with $8M in cuts
- Demolition project at Oliver’s Pourhouse in Greensburg moves ahead
- Mt. Pleasant man charged with unlawful restraint
- Ligonier man first in Pa. to own aluminum-body F-150
- Sewickley Twp. to pay $10K for service breach
- Youngwood fire department reaches out to homeless family
- Home of LeNature’s exec up for sale