Purse search turns up drugs at Westmoreland courthouse
A Unity woman was carrying marijuana, drug paraphernalia and pain medicine when she attempted to enter the Westmoreland County Courthouse complex earlier this month, county park police said.
Darlene M. Huffman, 51, has been charged with possessing a controlled substance, possessing a small amount of marijuana and possessing drug paraphernalia,
A park policeman, using an X-ray scanner, spotted a wooden pipe in Huffman's purse about 3:30 p.m. Aug. 5 at the main entrance to the courthouse complex, according to a criminal complaint.
He examined the contents of the purse and found a small amount of marijuana and several morphine pills, according to the complaint.
Huffman is free on $7,500 unsecured bond. Her preliminary hearing is scheduled for Sept. 5 before Greensburg District Judge James Albert.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Western Pa. volunteers battle wildfires in West
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- Dog-training program gives prison inmates chance to give back
- Franklin Regional security guard fighting to get job back
- Hempfield approves prison site subdivision
- Mt. Pleasant alumni lead campaign to buy handicapped-accessible van for former classmate
- Chemical mix sickens two from South Greensburg
- Sale date for Monsour Medical Center in Jeannette finalized by court