Purse search turns up drugs at Westmoreland courthouse
A Unity woman was carrying marijuana, drug paraphernalia and pain medicine when she attempted to enter the Westmoreland County Courthouse complex earlier this month, county park police said.
Darlene M. Huffman, 51, has been charged with possessing a controlled substance, possessing a small amount of marijuana and possessing drug paraphernalia,
A park policeman, using an X-ray scanner, spotted a wooden pipe in Huffman's purse about 3:30 p.m. Aug. 5 at the main entrance to the courthouse complex, according to a criminal complaint.
He examined the contents of the purse and found a small amount of marijuana and several morphine pills, according to the complaint.
Huffman is free on $7,500 unsecured bond. Her preliminary hearing is scheduled for Sept. 5 before Greensburg District Judge James Albert.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Irwin Park ball field improvements could move forward
- Institutionalized Westmoreland man, 2 others, file suit, claim lack of programs
- Latrobe City Council OKs sale of Old Athletic Field for new elementary school
- Family of man accused of shooting St. Clair officer say allegations don’t fit his character
- Re-enactor commits to pioneer lifestyle in Murrysville cabin
- Jeannette trudges through blight
- School lunch group hopes to revise rules it calls impractical, too restrictive
- Greensburg streetlights to be updated, save city $90K
- 40 years later, siblings of South Greensburg girl who disappeared still seek closure
- Indiana County school employee allegedly showed 2 students an inappropriate photo
- Contractor eyes early finish to work on New Stanton interchange of Interstate 70