Purse search turns up drugs at Westmoreland courthouse
A Unity woman was carrying marijuana, drug paraphernalia and pain medicine when she attempted to enter the Westmoreland County Courthouse complex earlier this month, county park police said.
Darlene M. Huffman, 51, has been charged with possessing a controlled substance, possessing a small amount of marijuana and possessing drug paraphernalia,
A park policeman, using an X-ray scanner, spotted a wooden pipe in Huffman's purse about 3:30 p.m. Aug. 5 at the main entrance to the courthouse complex, according to a criminal complaint.
He examined the contents of the purse and found a small amount of marijuana and several morphine pills, according to the complaint.
Huffman is free on $7,500 unsecured bond. Her preliminary hearing is scheduled for Sept. 5 before Greensburg District Judge James Albert.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Audit: Westmoreland records were at risk in transfer to computer system
- Salem teen surprised with Westmoreland Fair Queen win
- Pickup changes to be in place at Greensburg Salem Middle School next week
- Hours to be reduced at Ruffsdale post office
- Ex-worker admits to taking money from Penn Township Sewage Authority
- 9 displaced by fire in Grapeville
- Stormwater management plan stuck in stalemate in Unity, Latrobe, Derry Townships
- Greater Latrobe schedules will be available online
- Man admits preying on Lower Burrell neighbor, taking more than $100K in money, goods
- Expectant mother from Jeannette told she’ll have to stay in custody
- Police look for Derry driver who crashed into house