Purse search turns up drugs at Westmoreland courthouse
A Unity woman was carrying marijuana, drug paraphernalia and pain medicine when she attempted to enter the Westmoreland County Courthouse complex earlier this month, county park police said.
Darlene M. Huffman, 51, has been charged with possessing a controlled substance, possessing a small amount of marijuana and possessing drug paraphernalia,
A park policeman, using an X-ray scanner, spotted a wooden pipe in Huffman's purse about 3:30 p.m. Aug. 5 at the main entrance to the courthouse complex, according to a criminal complaint.
He examined the contents of the purse and found a small amount of marijuana and several morphine pills, according to the complaint.
Huffman is free on $7,500 unsecured bond. Her preliminary hearing is scheduled for Sept. 5 before Greensburg District Judge James Albert.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Youngwood Fire Department to dedicate memorial at station
- Bushy Run Battlefield upgrades to include trail, signs, landscaping
- Greensburg police captain to attend highly selective academy
- Historic Greensburg Art Center joins Cat’s Meow collection
- Police on hunt for suspects in unrelated Penn Township, Manor cases
- Families welcome new members on Adoption Day in Westmoreland County
- Fall fly-by: Blue Angels stop in Unity to discuss 2015 show
- Jeannette man pleads guilty to attempting to entice child in Louisiana
- Westmoreland County, state AG to get funds from illegal lottery
- Allegheny Township man to serve at least 24 years for molesting 3 children
- Food drive volunteer in Westmoreland County has purse stolen