Drug/alcohol commission seeks grant proposals
The Westmoreland Drug and Alcohol Commission is seeking proposals from community, grass roots and school organizations to undertake projects during the 2013-14 contract year for prevention of alcohol, tobacco and drug abuse.
Any established organization providing services in the county is eligible to submit a proposal for grant funding for up to $2,000.
Applicants must attend one session of a training seminar to be offered 3:30-4:30 p.m., Sept. 5 at:
• Conference Room A, fourth floor, Monessen Municipal Complex, 1 Wendell Ramey Lane.
• Room 2304, Commissioners Hall, Westmoreland County Community College's Youngwood campus.
Final proposals are due by Sept. 26. Requirements are detailed in the request for proposal, only available at the seminars. For more information or to schedule seminar attendance, call 724-684-9000, ext. 4446.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Group takes veterans, seniors in WWII-era planes at Unity airport
- Copper stolen from construction site at Greensburg museum
- Business break-ins in Donegal area may be related, state police say
- Greensburg senior care center salutes veterans
- Westmoreland, Allegheny United Way units complete merger
- $500K federal grant to pay for brownfield evaluation in Westmoreland County
- Rival Westmoreland vape shops develop own specialties
- 10 escape Greensburg house fire
- Unity to decide July 9 on disputed gas station
- 3 injured in crash that ties up Route 22 in Salem for nearly 8 hours
- Three teens injured in one-vehicle crash in Hempfield