Drug/alcohol commission seeks grant proposals
The Westmoreland Drug and Alcohol Commission is seeking proposals from community, grass roots and school organizations to undertake projects during the 2013-14 contract year for prevention of alcohol, tobacco and drug abuse.
Any established organization providing services in the county is eligible to submit a proposal for grant funding for up to $2,000.
Applicants must attend one session of a training seminar to be offered 3:30-4:30 p.m., Sept. 5 at:
• Conference Room A, fourth floor, Monessen Municipal Complex, 1 Wendell Ramey Lane.
• Room 2304, Commissioners Hall, Westmoreland County Community College's Youngwood campus.
Final proposals are due by Sept. 26. Requirements are detailed in the request for proposal, only available at the seminars. For more information or to schedule seminar attendance, call 724-684-9000, ext. 4446.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Westmoreland County sheriff won’t alter staffing as cash runs out
- Man taken to hospital from scene of Hempfield house fire
- Higher property taxes in Westmoreland County ruled out despite $15M budget gap
- Students learn risks of digital lives at middle school presentation in Hempfield
- Homewood man faces drug charges after chase in Trafford
- Tentative Sewickley Twp. budget holds line on taxes
- 3 gunmen sought in Hempfield home invasion
- Former SCI Greensburg headed for auction block
- Westmoreland DA wants killer Stahl to pay wife’s relatives
- 20 charged in Western Pennsylvania drug crackdown
- New Stanton turnpike plaza 1st to offer compressed natural gas