Drug/alcohol commission seeks grant proposals
The Westmoreland Drug and Alcohol Commission is seeking proposals from community, grass roots and school organizations to undertake projects during the 2013-14 contract year for prevention of alcohol, tobacco and drug abuse.
Any established organization providing services in the county is eligible to submit a proposal for grant funding for up to $2,000.
Applicants must attend one session of a training seminar to be offered 3:30-4:30 p.m., Sept. 5 at:
• Conference Room A, fourth floor, Monessen Municipal Complex, 1 Wendell Ramey Lane.
• Room 2304, Commissioners Hall, Westmoreland County Community College's Youngwood campus.
Final proposals are due by Sept. 26. Requirements are detailed in the request for proposal, only available at the seminars. For more information or to schedule seminar attendance, call 724-684-9000, ext. 4446.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- ‘Bride’ goes on at Geyer theater in Scottdale
- Marathoner hit by vehicle in Murrysville recuperates
- 4 sentenced for roles in botched Lower Burrell heist
- 4 seek 3 nominations for Southwest Greensburg council
- Latrobe pharmacy will offer overdose antidote
- Mutual Aid plans fundraising throughout Westmoreland County to bolster member numbers
- Playground plans in Sewickley Township on hold
- Fines against MAX Environmental up to Westmoreland judge
- Wrongful death suit against Westmoreland Manor settled
- Greensburg Hempfield Area Library board to consider tax referendum
- Southwest Greensburg blaze was set, fire marshal says