Drug/alcohol commission seeks grant proposals
The Westmoreland Drug and Alcohol Commission is seeking proposals from community, grass roots and school organizations to undertake projects during the 2013-14 contract year for prevention of alcohol, tobacco and drug abuse.
Any established organization providing services in the county is eligible to submit a proposal for grant funding for up to $2,000.
Applicants must attend one session of a training seminar to be offered 3:30-4:30 p.m., Sept. 5 at:
• Conference Room A, fourth floor, Monessen Municipal Complex, 1 Wendell Ramey Lane.
• Room 2304, Commissioners Hall, Westmoreland County Community College's Youngwood campus.
Final proposals are due by Sept. 26. Requirements are detailed in the request for proposal, only available at the seminars. For more information or to schedule seminar attendance, call 724-684-9000, ext. 4446.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Two Westmoreland men charged with drug possession
- 2 arrested after Jeannette raid turns up heroin, crack, gun
- Inmate charged with smuggling drugs into Westmoreland prison
- PennDOT prefers keeping Yukon, Madison interchanges; project to require at least 3 new bridges
- Directors to view Southmoreland High upgrades
- Greensburg Salem parents plead for restoration of 3 bus routes
- Police: Woman faked Mt. Pleasant robbery
- Contractor on New Stanton I-70 project wants access route
- Ligonier man accused of beating, strangling woman
- WCCC to hold faculty, staff salaries flat in contracts
- Unity planners recommend OK of church plans