Drug/alcohol commission seeks grant proposals
Published: Monday, Aug. 26, 2013, 2:03 p.m.
The Westmoreland Drug and Alcohol Commission is seeking proposals from community, grass roots and school organizations to undertake projects during the 2013-14 contract year for prevention of alcohol, tobacco and drug abuse.
Any established organization providing services in the county is eligible to submit a proposal for grant funding for up to $2,000.
Applicants must attend one session of a training seminar to be offered 3:30-4:30 p.m., Sept. 5 at:
• Conference Room A, fourth floor, Monessen Municipal Complex, 1 Wendell Ramey Lane.
• Room 2304, Commissioners Hall, Westmoreland County Community College's Youngwood campus.
Final proposals are due by Sept. 26. Requirements are detailed in the request for proposal, only available at the seminars. For more information or to schedule seminar attendance, call 724-684-9000, ext. 4446.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Latrobe couple accused of using car trunk to end son’s fear of the dark
- Ligonier Y ups security in response to threat
- South Greensburg bugler still playing ‘Taps,’ but few others continue tradition
- Gunman robs pizza delivery driver in Greensburg
- Police say student made Greensburg Salem bomb threat
- Grant funds boost Westmoreland recreation projects
- No tax hike in budget for Ligonier Township
- Greensburg man remains hospitalized after crash
- County takes lead on Monsour demolition
- Ligonier Township rafter fulfills mission to help wounded veterans recover
- Workers injured at Unity Township facility for youths